Cant get droid to load up

bowldoc4u

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct section for this post but here it is...
So I was trying to charge a dead Battery and my phone wont laod up with the good batery, or any battery I have now. IT continuly cycles thry the white M, to the Droid, to the red eye for 3 sec. then reboots to the white M. I held down the Xkey to laod it and I got a Pic of a White Triangle with a Yellow ! ... I have never rooted or done anything fancy with it ever. Its never done anything like this before either. It had 2.1 installed over the air and never ran clean since it upgraded. I need to get it up and running. Can anyone help?

Corey

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I have seen multiple instances where it charges in bootloader mode, not too sure about recovery (the triangle with !). To get to bootloader, hold up on the keyboard as you turn the phone on. Note this will be pointing to the screen, so if you are holding the phone vertically it will actually seem to be right.

A black screen with some white letters, numbers and words (one of which I believe says bootloader) should appear. Let it charge there. It may take a little while. Plugging it into a wall should speed up the process a bit.

As I said, it very well could charge in recovery, I am just not 100% on if it does or not. I know while it is boot looping unfortunately it doesn't.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved you to where the A-Team hangs out!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
The phone does NOT charge in recovery mode, and from what I've seen and read, it won't charge in bootloader either, as one of the messages while in bootloader is whether the battery is OK for programing.

I think that (especially) since you've never rooted the phone, don't let anyone take you down some long and convoluted process trying to restore your phone. Save yourself a bunch of headache and just return it for a new or refurb one. It is still in warranty and covered. You can even keep/trade your sdcard.

good luck

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree; since you are not rooted, then your problem is either your battery not holding a charge or you battery being unable to charge. Either way let verizon handle it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
+1 for Verizon. If you're saying to won't boot up even with a good new battery something got messed up in there. Should be a warranty issue.