Cant find Layar in the market

jimsmith

Reaction score
I tried getting to download Layar from the store by searching the market, and using a direct QR code, but it said there was no such app...
I know it's in the android market, I've seen other members here talking about using it, and I'd really like to try it. Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:

iDroid

Reaction score
Verizon’s new Droid is currently not supported by Layar

Layar is currently not compatible with the Verizon Droid by Motorola that was launched today in the US. This is due to an API change in the Android implementation on this device. It breaks a feature that was enabling Layar to draw a camera view in portrait mode and overlay it with the well-known Layar interface elements. Unfortunately this is not something that can be fixed easily. Therefore Layar is not available for users of Verizon’s Droid phone at this moment. Note that the Verizon Droid Eris phone is supported, as it runs on a different Android implementation.

The upcoming major version of Layar (v3) will change this and we will also support Android 2.0 devices in this new version. We expect this version to hit the Android Market in a few weeks. For all of you with a Verizon Droid, thanks for your patience.