Can't factory reset?

Conz

Reaction score
this is a weird one.

I've been having problems with my phone ever since the last update. Amongst many small things, it did something to my SD card, where i could no longer save photos or music to it, or move apps to it without them stopping working. I don't know if that was something to do with encryption or what, but i never did anything of the sort. The phone itself has almost no space left, while the card has something like 45 gigs.

that being said i just decided to try and wipe the card and factory reset the phone. i did both... and the phone restarted exactly the same way it did before i shut it down. All the photos, all the music, all the apps, everything. Why? I'm stumped

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
not sure if this is an indicator of anything, but...

every single time i plug my phone into my pc, pictures appear that i deleted 2 months ago. i delete them every time, but they always come back. im pretty sure they were taken the day of the initial software upgrade

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The photo issues sounds like some sort of Auto sync you have enabled somewhere. Possibly kies.

Please explain what process you went through to do the data reset.

Note 4tified

OP
C

Conz

Reaction score
first I did "Format SD Card" which took about 5 minutes, then restarted the phone. Figured when I turned it on all of the data/photos/music on the card would be gone... but they were all still there. Weird, ok.

So then i went to "Backup and Reset - Factory Data Reset." i did that. same thing. it thought for a while and restarted. i figured it would turn back on and i'd start from scratch, but nothing changed

this is all boiling down to the fact that i want to add more stuff to my SD card but can't seem to. I only have about half a gig left on my internal memory, but if i update apps, they leave the SD card and go to the internal. if i try to move them back, they stop working. I can't load any more music, the files don't play. if i save photos or move them to the sd card, all it does it show a blacked out era thumbnail the next day, losing said photo. This is all started happening the day i did the software upgrade. I'd ask if it somehow fried the SD card, but plenty of stuff that was already there still works fine.