Can't edit photos in contacts

lmgovin

Reaction score
New OS won't let me edit contact photos. It brings up the box and goes to camera/downloads but automatically brings up google+ crop box over photo and then says "unable to save photo edits" it does this on existing and new contacts. It won't let you take a picture and add it either.

Suggestions on how to add photos again?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 4XL
What model RAZR do you have? I just edited a People / Contact picture by opening People > Edit > Tap the picture and it opens Drive / G+ pictures by default > Menu on top left > Gallery > selected a picture from my gallery (on my SD Card) > then the crop using > selected a crop choice > Save.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OP
L

lmgovin

Reaction score
Same model. Exact steps I'm taking and it wont save the picture.

What model RAZR do you have? I just edited a People / Contact picture by opening People > Edit > Tap the picture and it opens Drive / G+ pictures by default > Menu on top left > Gallery > selected a picture from my gallery (on my SD Card) > then the crop using > selected a crop choice > Save.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 4XL
I wonder if it's the G+ crop choice? Do you have two options: Crop Photo (Photos app) and Crop Picture? I use Crop Picture and it saves.

OP
L

lmgovin

Reaction score
It was. When it updated it made itself default. I removed as default it went back to working. Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 4XL
It was. When it updated it made itself default. I removed as default it went back to working. Thanks!

Good deal.