Can't buy apps in Marketplace

kegard

Reaction score
I can download free and trial apps with no problem. But if I try to Buy an app through the store, it takes me to a page asking me to sign in with my Google account. I do that (even though I'm signed in already, and all my Gmail is synching just fine) and i'm brought back to the Buy screen in the Market Place.

If I click on Buy, it just brings me right back to the screen asking me to sign in!!! How do I purchase something?

sgdossey

Reaction score
I can download free and trial apps with no problem. But if I try to Buy an app through the store, it takes me to a page asking me to sign in with my Google account. I do that (even though I'm signed in already, and all my Gmail is synching just fine) and i'm brought back to the Buy screen in the Market Place.

If I click on Buy, it just brings me right back to the screen asking me to sign in!!! How do I purchase something?

I have the same problem, but I use Google Apps and that ID is tied in to my google account. Just doesn't work. Also uploading to Picasa doesn't work with this setup either. You would have to create another Google account and add that to your phone and not sync anything so you can purchase with that one. That is if you have the same situation as me.

Stigy

Reaction score
Is your MAIN Google account on the phone a GMAIL address or a Google Apps account?

OP
K

kegard

Reaction score
My main (and so far only) google account is a Gmail account.

I'll try setting up a second gmail account and not sync anything to it and see if that works.

OP
K

kegard

Reaction score
OK, setting up a new gmail account worked. I'm now sent to the Google Checkout.

Anyone know why my main Gmail account doesn't work for Checkout? Very strange that Google makes it so easy for me to sync up my email, contacts and calendar, but then leaves me hanging when I try to buy an app.

OP
K

kegard

Reaction score
when I bought my first app Visa called me and asked me to confirm the transaction

I worked in Fraud Prevention at a large national bank for a couple years. Being called to verify a transaction like this is a pretty typical technique to verify it is indeed You who are buying, and not somebody who pirated your card number.

greenchicken

Reaction score
when I bought my first app Visa called me and asked me to confirm the transaction

I worked in Fraud Prevention at a large national bank for a couple years. Being called to verify a transaction like this is a pretty typical technique to verify it is indeed You who are buying, and not somebody who pirated your card number.

yea I was cool with it....

Just not really concerned about the .99 transaction, call me when they buy a motor home or something :)