can't boot into recovery (clockwork)

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
awesome it worked..i'll be sticking with 1.8.1.4 for a while. so since i never used rsd lite, when would be the right the time to use it. would i only need it if recovery never would have came back??

I flashed a rom and lost launcher.apk so I my phone would just stick to the droid eye boot screen forever. I then couldn't get into recovery to restore my back up because clockwork was acting sketchy. If this ever happens just flash sp recovery then flash back and it should work. Anyways, I had to use rsd lite to flash 2.1 sbf back and it worked fine. It's a pretty easy fix, just takes a little bit of time. So to answer your question, yes if recovery wasn't working and you couldn't get past the boot screen you would have to flash the sbf file with rsd lite.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
ok i'll keep that in mind, and because you can use rsd lite, there's really no way to brick this phone..

i installed the jrummy from rom manager, and i checked wipe data/cache before it rebooted

yingqli

Reaction score
My first post, but I hope it works for you in fixing the boot issue. No need to down grade to older version of CW, no need RSDlite. this works for me...

* in Rom Manager, Flash Alternate Recover to SPRecovery 0.99.3b
* Reboot into Recovery
* in SPRecovery, simple reboot
* After boot, go back to Rom Manager, and reflash CW mod 2.0.0.5
* Now you should be able to boot to CW mod recovery.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
My first post, but I hope it works for you in fixing the boot issue. No need to down grade to older version of CW, no need RSDlite. this works for me...

* Reboot into Recovery

see that's too much rebooting for me..i'd rather keep an old version and be done with it

jlaidlaw

Reaction score

* Reboot into Recovery

Alternatively I think you can just flash sp recovery then right after flash clockwork and it should work just fine. I don't know this from personal experience but people have posted that his has fixed their recovery.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score

* Reboot into Recovery

Alternatively I think you can just flash sp recovery then right after flash clockwork and it should work just fine. I don't know this from personal experience but people have posted that his has fixed their recovery.

that worked with the earlier versions, but i'm not gonna test with this newer one

Beno

Reaction score
Yeah, the last several clockwork updates have been broken. Go back to 1.8.1.4 (at the bottom of the page on Rom Manager). Flash it twice to be sure and you should be OK. The last update doesn't work for me either.

If this doesn't work, flash SPRecovery, boot into recovery, then reboot and flash the older clockwork version again. I've had to do this once. Should work.

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!!! I was having weird problems all day yesterday, carrying around a useless brick. It seemed like Rom Manager wasn't working properly but didn't know what to do. I did try reverting to a previous version, but not quite far enough back. 1.8.1.4 is working flawlessly and I've got my phone back! Thanks again! dancedroid

melido

Reaction score
If you get stuck at the M logo, and cant reboot hold power, and X button, do this. Take your battery out, then plug your phone into your computer. Replace battery, then hit power button. Your computer should say Motto connect on the bottom right hand of your toolbar. Make sure you have the correct drivers installed. Your phone should reboot normally.