Can't Boot Android OS on D2 non-global...

Rufus65

Reaction score
I turned my D2 non-global off just like any other day, but when i went to turn it back on, It only gives me the Motorola Boot logo, i don't even get to the Droid logo or droid eye. so when i tried to go into boot recovery (holding down Power and X) i get the android error picture and cant even see the recovery options. the only thing i can do is go into Bootloader (holding down power and up). but even then when i try to SBF with RSDLite 4.7 with or without Patch, RSD can see my phone connected but wont allow me to start the SBF process because all my phone info is N/A in RSD.

is my phone bricked? or am I just missing my Android OS?... I'll be heading into the verizon store today, but i just wanted to get a little bit more info on my problem from people who actually know what they're doing...

mattv111

Reaction score
D2 are basically impossible to brick. Even if you cant figure out what is wrong, you can just sbf. When you get the "android error picture" press the search button on the physical keyboard (looks like a maginfying glass) to get the recovery options. I know thats what you do on froyo. When I was running the GB leak I think I may of had to press the power button instead of search button. Can anyone confirm this?

OP
R

Rufus65

Reaction score
Well I wasn't able to fix it, but the good news is that my warrenty on my D2 was good, so they just gave me a new one, the best part though; they gave me a D2 Global instead of an original. People really must have not liked the D2 because no one supports accessories or the phone itself anymore...its like its dead...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk