Can't activate brand new Droid?

MusicMonst3r

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here but I'm having some problems. Sorry if this is problem has an easy solution, but I've been trying and searching for hours and can't figure out the problem.

I gave in. I bought a brand new droid for $500 dollars from Walmart. Well, I've been trying to activate it all night and it won't work. When I do the step by step activation that the Droid automatically puts you through, the voice just says: "We're sorry, we can't activate your phone right now blaaah...". I've tried going through *228 numerous times, and gone through *611, but couldn't talk to an actual representative because they were closed.

I've tried activating it online as well, with no luck at all.

Is there something specific I need to do since I didn't buy it directly from Verizon? I could probably go to the store tomorrow and have them activate it, but I'm sure it'll be a zoo in there.

Any help is appreciated guys, thanks.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here but I'm having some problems. Sorry if this is problem has an easy solution, but I've been trying and searching for hours and can't figure out the problem.

I gave in. I bought a brand new droid for $500 dollars from Walmart. Well, I've been trying to activate it all night and it won't work. When I do the step by step activation that the Droid automatically puts you through, the voice just says: "We're sorry, we can't activate your phone right now blaaah...". I've tried going through *228 numerous times, and gone through *611, but couldn't talk to an actual representative because they were closed.

I've tried activating it online as well, with no luck at all.

Is there something specific I need to do since I didn't buy it directly from Verizon? I could probably go to the store tomorrow and have them activate it, but I'm sure it'll be a zoo in there.

Any help is appreciated guys, thanks.

how id your reception? Try to see if your getting a good signal from where you are trying to activate it from. When I was trying to update my roaming capabilities it would give me the same answer (this is when I was in my room which is in the basement). When I tried to update it when I was upstairs it finally worked.

kilo

Reaction score
Did you have a data plan set up on your account for the prior phone? I am pretty sure it wont let you activate the droid without having a data plan initially, when I called about activating mine the lady told me I couldn't do it on my own as I had for many other devices and that I would need to call in to have someone help me.