Cannot update or install any apps in Market

JohnnyACE562

Reaction score
I just freed up a lot of space on my phone by removing a lot of old .apk files and a whole bunch of apps (some of which I sorely miss). Still, the Market won't let me update any of my current apps or download any new ones. I keep getting a popup saying "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item." Any ideas?

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Tried clearing data and cache for the market app?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Found like you deleted something you weren't supposed to or put something where it doesn't go. Did you try just restarting the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Found like you deleted something you weren't supposed to or put something where it doesn't go. Did you try just restarting the phone.

Did that also. No dice.

Yeah, if you meant you deleted some system apps, you probably deleted something or put something where it doesn't go. Back up your apps, do a factory restore, if that doesn't work use an sbf, if that doesn't work you may have a unit with defective memory. Fyi, if you are using a custom rom, most allow you to install to the sdcard as the default (usually using a script). You could do this just I see if it is the market or corrupted memory.

wprocter

Reaction score

Did that also. No dice.

Ran into something similar recently. I think I moved something to the SD card that shouldn't have been. Try unmounting the SD card. If I did that, the market worked normally.

ended up having to format the SD card and flash sbf