Cannot Sync SplashID with USB Cable

Charles

Reaction score
Hi,
I purchased the SpashID desktop and for my Droid. I am running the desktop through a company computer, so we do not have WiFi. When I enter the desktop IP address while the USB cable is connected, I get a message that computer cannot be found.
Please help.
Thanks.

Silverexpress

Reaction score
Yes. I have SplashID working my wife's Verizon Droid, and on my Sprint Moment. We both use Wifi and we synch to the same desktop program with our seperate accounts.

gwier001

Reaction score
Yes. I have SplashID working my wife's Verizon Droid, and on my Sprint Moment. We both use Wifi and we synch to the same desktop program with our seperate accounts.

I finally was able to synchronize as well. For me, the key was to enter the IP address of the router, not of the computer on which the SplashID for Android is running.

I had been finding the IP address of the computer by typing 'ipconfig /all' at a Command Prompt. This IP address never worked.

Then, I checked the router IP address by moving the mouse over its icon in the system tray. When I typed its IP address into the Droid, then synchronization worked!

I hope this may be helpful to someone.

Cheers!

hinky

Reaction score
All I can say is that this software works perfectly using a USB connection for prior devices. The desire for Apple and several others to make this an "everything wifi" world is a big failure. It's not always easy to get this to work. It is what it is and just hope someone things of the sync client again or some idea so that we don't have to cycle individually through 10 apps manually every day to sync our phones... I synced quickly and painlessly with a Palm Vx ten years ago that was easier than this. Cloud shmoud. My data was fine and at least I had more of a life to enjoy. :D