Cannot load Unlock_code.bin

trter10

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Because fast boot is looking in the folder you're running from for the unlock code; do this:

$ cd /Users/crystalee/Desktop/Android/
$ ./fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

If that doesn't work:

$ ./Users/crystalee/Desktop/Android/fastboot flash unlocktoken /Users/crystalee/Desktop/Android/Unlock_code.bin

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

randissilas

Reaction score
GREAT!! The first one worked for me! Thanks again, I really appreciate the help!

dsolis777

Reaction score
Awesome, you're welcome

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Hi There! I hope you can help me out.. I would really appreciate it :) Ive spent a ton of time but am having the same issue as the other user had.. I keep getting invalid command when I try to load the unlock bin. My files are all located in the below path. Thank you in advance!

C:\Users\erica\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\platform-tools

acejavelin

Reaction score
Hi There! I hope you can help me out.. I would really appreciate it :) Ive spent a ton of time but am having the same issue as the other user had.. I keep getting invalid command when I try to load the unlock bin. My files are all located in the below path. Thank you in advance!

C:\Users\erica\Downloads\adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20131030\sdk\platform-tools
Most of the tips from above are for Mac or Linux, which handle paths, folders, and how they are specified a little differently, but you are obviously running windows...

First, make sure the unlock_code.bin file is in the same folder as ADB and fastboot, then go up one directory (to the SDK directory) and find the Platform-tools folder, hold SHIFT and right-click the mouse, and select "Open command window here" this will put you in the proper directory and open a CMD windows, from here and type "dir /p" and press enter, verify the file unlock_code.bin is there.

Now pull the battery and reinsert, hold VOL DN+POWER until the Hboot screen comes up, select Fastboot and connect USB cable. Now type "fastboot devices" and after a second or two it should respond with a serial number, if it doesn't you have a different issue. Now to send the file type

fastboot flash unlocktoken unlock_code.bin

follow the instructions on the phone, you must accept and allow the unlock to occur on the phone, then your phone will unlock the bootloader, factory default, and reboot, that's it.