Cannot Boot into Recovery after installing new Cyanogenmod 5.0.7

oneunder311

Reaction score
I am pretty familiar with the whole process of rooting, flashing ROM's etc., so after trying quite a few things and searching around without any luck I figured I would ask here.

Using ROM Manager, I was coming from Bugless Beast 1.0 to Koush's new ROM. After using Cyan for a bit, I wanted to switch back to BB. When attempting to boot into recovery to do a restore, the screen will just sit on the Motorola icon and go no further. After pulling the battery, it does boot up normally if I'm not holding X, but I can't get into recovery at all. I've tried using SPR and older ClockworkMod recoveries but nothing has changed.

On ROM Manager it says I have the latest recovery. I've looked around and not been able to find anyone with the same problem I have. Any advice on what to try to get access to recovery again?

Thanks in advance for the help.

samiusmc

Reaction score
I am pretty familiar with the whole process of rooting, flashing ROM's etc., so after trying quite a few things and searching around without any luck I figured I would ask here.

Using ROM Manager, I was coming from Bugless Beast 1.0 to Koush's new ROM. After using Cyan for a bit, I wanted to switch back to BB. When attempting to boot into recovery to do a restore, the screen will just sit on the Motorola icon and go no further. After pulling the battery, it does boot up normally if I'm not holding X, but I can't get into recovery at all. I've tried using SPR and older ClockworkMod recoveries but nothing has changed.

On ROM Manager it says I have the latest recovery. I've looked around and not been able to find anyone with the same problem I have. Any advice on what to try to get access to recovery again?

Thanks in advance for the help.

You're not the only one. Check out this link to another thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/47176-cannot-reboot-into-recovery-help.html

I'm told it's a problem with ROM Manager and Koush is working to fix it. I resolved the problem by flashing the stock 2.01 recovery using RSD Lite. Others have successfully used that method as well.

gan777

Reaction score
Confirmed - ROM Manager Problem

I have been playing with Froyo all day and went to make a backup using ROM Manager, but when the system restarted, it never went to recovery to do the backup. I tried booting into recovery using Quickboot, no luck. I then tried flashing SPRecovery and still could not get into recovery. I even tried manually by pressing the X key while rebooting, nothing! Then I came here and saw this thread so I went in to my SystemPanel app where I archive all versions of my apps as they update and reverted back to the previous ROM Manager, reflashed the recovery and PRESTO! So, it was obviously a ROM Manager issue with the new version.

kirbnite

Reaction score
I also had the same issue after installing froyo. I did however re-open the Rom Manager, flash the boot recovery 2 times in a row and then manually powered off the phone and then powered on while holding down the x button. I have had this problem each time I flashed froyo from the rom manager. If I stay out of rom manager all is good. So you should be able to get around this headache like I did, by re-flashing the recovery and then manually powering down and loading the recovery with the x button.