CAN You Make /DCIM the DEFAULT place to put your photos? (Instead of "Camera")?

ipawd1

Reaction score
Curious, I dont know if it can be done, But I like to know that all of my photos I'm taking are going there.

I have Pro 5X Cam or whatever, and dont see the option to change the folder. Help out? Thanks

Greg

tommyz

Reaction score
This would make it easier to d/l the pictures from the phone. My software doesn't like the extra (camera) folder in the DCIM folder.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i though photos you took on the camera went to DCIM and photos you put on the droid you entered in your sd card folder.
i have 6 folders in mediat

MEDIA
/ alarms
/ notifications
/ music
/ videos
/ringtones
/ photos

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can put photos on the Droid (ones you manually copy) wherever you want. /Media/Photos is just recommended.

From what tommyz's saying it sounds like the camera photos with this app are going into /DCIM/Camera but they don't want the photos in the Camera folder under DCIM.

mikes

Reaction score
This is a bug. Pictures should not be stored in the DCIM/Camera folder, they should be in DCIM/ANDRO100, etc.

I found a bug report on this issue. Feel free to vote on it (just click the star near the bottom of the page).

jagoliveira

Reaction score
You can put photos on the Droid (ones you manually copy) wherever you want. /Media/Photos is just recommended.

From what tommyz's saying it sounds like the camera photos with this app are going into /DCIM/Camera but they don't want the photos in the Camera folder under DCIM.

Now you can do this automatically with 'URSafe Media Redirector', it is fine!