nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I'm probably gonna get a TB tomorrow but i had a question.

Will the roms I used on my D1 work on it?

Can i use GPA15 for instance?

I hate the interface of the thunderbolt and I want the old one I am used to.

Is it a whole new ballgame with TB?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Whole new ball game. ROMs are device specific.

sent from somewhere...

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
thanks

Whole new ball game. ROMs are device specific.

sent from somewhere...

I thought that was the case. Thanks.

So all roms for the TB will have that annoying interface I don't care for? Thats a bummer. I was hoping that android roms would be like OS's that could be used on any device.

Gotta start this whole search over again.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You can use a home replacement. I like GOlauncher, but Launcher Pro and ADW are highly rated as well.

sent from somewhere...

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I use launcherpro plus and I can skip out on all the sense stiff I don't like...but keep some of what I do like ie: camera, dialer, contacts, lockscreen.

Soon cm7 will be out for the TB and then you'll see a bunch of gb roms pop up. ChevyNo1 (a well known d1 developer) will soon be on the thunderbolt. I know he's already booted gingerbread too. Also, there should be an ota for gingerbread soon to, then all the roms based off stock will build off that.

Basically, patience is the key!!!

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

MrKleen

Reaction score
You can load roms that dont have the sense interface. Soon you will also have Cyanogenmod.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Cynamode was cool but never played nice with my d1.

Chevy kernals saved my batter life on my d1 so I'd love to see him
Deving for the TB.

I'm not gonna root this Guy until its worth it though. It's not an unbrickable phone like the d1. Plus I am not comfortable with my knowledge of the TB yet.

I could flash a Tom in my sleep on a d1
sent from my thunderbolt

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Cynamode was cool but never played nice with my d1.

Chevy kernals saved my batter life on my d1 so I'd love to see him
Deving for the TB.

I'm not gonna root this Guy until its worth it though. It's not an unbrickable phone like the d1. Plus I am not comfortable with my knowledge of the TB yet.

I could flash a Tom in my sleep on a d1
sent from my thunderbolt

Tb is very much the same from a root standpoint. Instead of rsd lite, you use hboot to flash ruu files. Once rooted, you pretty much do everything from recovery the same way. The only exception i've come across is flashing a new radio. That's an ruu so you flash that with hboot.

I understand what you were saying about the d1 being "unbrickable", as my last phone was a d1 also. Of course there's always a slim chance of bricking it, but if you can follow instructions the chances are slim to none. My tb is twice as awesome now that I'm rooted. The custom roms are already great and getting better all the time! I don't know what makes it "worth it" to you, but backups, undervolted kernels, custom roms, etc is worth it to me! If you are unsure about anything with it you can pm me and I can point you in the right direction.

blazednova

Reaction score
cm7 asop safest gb rom out

^agreed, there have been reports of phones bricking that ran GB and at the moment we have no solid evidence as to why they brick.
i was running gb until the reports came in, right now i'm playing it safe with Bamf1.7. I MISS GB SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Tb is pretty open. Lots of roms for it. If you like aosp feel..flash a senseless Rom. Personally sense UI is in my opinion the best UI for Android.

Only things I would like for the Tb is volume media control..and disabled volume up unlock.

Hold off on gb till the radio issue is resolved. The radio leak is believed to cause the endless bootloop

ridin the lightning