can you help with a repeat sms annoyance? THX!

Natedogg

Reaction score
So here is my problem: I receive a sms notification, tap it, read it, clear the notification. Cool.

Then, say ten minutes later, I go to create a new message. And the old message which I already read and cleared re appears in my notifications. Its getting really annoying!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix it? Why does it happen!?!

Thanks guys. This forum rules.

mjs31

Reaction score
I recommend getting Handcent and then going into the stock messaging app and turning its notifications off. Let handcent handle the notifications and all other sms/mms duties.

tootsookay

Reaction score
re.

setup all notifications for handcent and turn stock notifications off sounds and vib and it will notify u one time !

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away. If he doesn't know what handcent is chances are he isn't using it. ( it is Awesome ) do you actually click on the notification or just read the short message in notification, thus not clearing the message. I found myself doing that.

OP
N

Natedogg

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Getting handcent now. I guess my problem was that when a saw a short message in notifications and pressed clear without actually clicking on it I expected it to go away for good. Not keep coming back. I guess my main gripe about the phone is that itseems lots of things take extra clicks. Oh well. Love it anyways

solorca

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Getting handcent now. I guess my problem was that when a saw a short message in notifications and pressed clear without actually clicking on it I expected it to go away for good. Not keep coming back. I guess my main gripe about the phone is that itseems lots of things take extra clicks. Oh well. Love it anyways

Some things do take some extra clicks, but you'll find that almost anything that can be made to enhance the phone is available. You just have to find it.

Personally, I use SMSPopup over Handcent, because it works with the native messaging rather than being a seperate app. You just set it up and remove notificiations from the stock messenger, and you're good to go. Hitting close on the initial popup will clear the message...which I think is all you're really looking to do.

OP
N

Natedogg

Reaction score

Some things do take some extra clicks, but you'll find that almost anything that can be made to enhance the phone is available. You just have to find it.

Personally, I use SMSPopup over Handcent, because it works with the native messaging rather than being a seperate app. You just set it up and remove notificiations from the stock messenger, and you're good to go. Hitting close on the initial popup will clear the message...which I think is all you're really looking to do.

Thx. I guess its just my experience with droid and other os s that the more 3rd party apps that are installed, the more mucked up (force closes, glitches, etc) the os gets.

solorca

Reaction score

Thx. I guess its just my experience with droid and other os s that the more 3rd party apps that are installed, the more mucked up (force closes, glitches, etc) the os gets.

Really? I have so much random stuff downloaded on my Droid that I probably couldn't even remember all of it...and mine runs perfectly. Usually if you have something that force closes a lot, you just delete that one program and you're fine.