Can you connect the Droid to a television?

GeraldThomas71

Reaction score
Hello,

I have numerous videos on my Droid. I would like to connect my Droid to my TV so I can watch movies on a bigger screen. Can it be done?

Thanks

Gerald

D

dvdcatalyst

Hello,

I have numerous videos on my Droid. I would like to connect my Droid to my TV so I can watch movies on a bigger screen. Can it be done?

Thanks

Gerald

No TV out option yet.
There is something for the Playstation Portable that might work, but not sure.

PSP TV-Out - PSP - Gizmodo

psp_on_tv_tv_out_sony_psp.jpg

The thing works as a camera held at a distance with the funnel, and the audio output as well as the video recording are send out to the TV.

Its easier to find a device that will do TV Out in my opinion.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay I KNOW this has been covered before in several threads. And I have seen the above post in at LEAST one thread before. PLEASE USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

joea

Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks

Gerald

Try WD TV. It connects between your Droid and your TV.

WD TV Overview

The Droid is supposed to be competitive with iPhone. From what I understand iPhone can connect to a TV. Buying a WD TV to connect a phone to a TV seems like overkill. I haven't yet decided on which new phone to get, but iPhone seems to win the TV-out battle.

???

Reaction score
I've got a few friends with iphones and ive never heard then say anything about connecting to a tv. how did you hear this works?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I never heard you could connect an Iphone to a Tv either, thought thats what the big deal is with that umm Incredible, because it can.

hawkxcore

Reaction score
There is a way to connect the droid, but it may not be practical for you. The TV you're hooking up to needs to have the ability to play photos/videos over USB. Most newer TV's have this built in. You would just connect the droid with your USB cable and put it into mass storage mode. From there you'd navigate thru your directories with your TV remote.

And yes, the iPhone can connect, and it's much easier than with the Droid.

D

dvdcatalyst

I never heard you could connect an Iphone to a Tv either, thought thats what the big deal is with that umm Incredible, because it can.

for the iPhone, its as simple as getting a Dock and a video cable from Apple. I used this for my iPod 5G. Check and make sure the cable/dock is iPhone compatible though, it needs to have some sort of verification chip.

Reaction score
The Incredible is going to have video-out capability with a micro usb to video cable. I don't know if there will be an app written that will let the Droid do the same.