Can we somehow disable Samsung Music / Hub?

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
I have a Kenwood HD Radio in my car. It is Blue Tooth paired with my S4. However, whenever they pair initially like turning on the radio, the Samsung Music Hub immediately starts playing music samples. It's very annoying and not what I want to happen every time I turn on the car, the radio. Not rooted (yet). I opened the Samsung Music Hub app and cannot find any option to turn off it's ability to bluetooth play, etc. If no one can help me here I'd hate to call Verizon but I'm hoping someone has any ideas. Thanks guys.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

GVLBob

Reaction score
Did you try disabling Samsung Music? Settings > More > Application manager. Select Sumsung Music and then touch the Disable button.

Last edited:
OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for being confusing. It's not Samsung Music that's giving me the problem it's Samsung Hub. It's different. And just looked in application manager there's no option to disable it, only force stop. Very frustrating.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Sorry for confusing you. I actually still want Samsung Music to work. I've tested it with the blue tooth radio and it works well. It's the Samsung Music Hub that's interfering with the bluetooth. It starts up automatically cutting off the Samsung Music player and plays music samples until I pause and subsequently cancel out of the Hub via the drop down menu. I hope this clarifies things. I appreciate your help.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a question. Why do you want the HUB disabled? I have it enabled on my S4 and it isn't consuming any battery or bandwidth or performance. As with disabling any app through the app manager it will warn you that doing so can affect other operations or apps.

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Like I said earlier, for some reason Hub has a higher priority such that whenever my S4 syncs via Bluetooth to my car radio, it starts playing. Then I have to stop it, close the Hub app and restart the music app or whatever other bluetooth audio I want, but not the Hub.

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Open applications in settings and uninstall updates in music hub that should do it. Good luck.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

OP
THEPRFCT1

THEPRFCT1

Reaction score
Cool thanks I'll do it!

★Sent from my Galaxy S4★

radr3j

Reaction score
This does not fix. I have been googling for a while now. I work in IT at a supply chain company and have been rooting and Roming Androids since the G1 on tmobile and this Samsung Hub is getting the better of me. My GS4 is rooted and all this bloatware crap is uninstalled so I dont have to worry about it, but I have a user that is having the same exact problem as OP. He uses BT in the car and this Lady Gaga BS is all over his phone. and randomly plays. He is tired of it. So am I. I will never own another Samsung ever. Not just because of this but because they have locked the bootloader and only gave us 6GB to play with on a 16GB phone... wth?... Anyway... done with my rant.. I want to fix this guys phone without rooting it but I dont know if its possible. There is no disable button, there is no uninstall updates button. I have looked in Running apps, and All Apps. All the threads end like this one. OP does not verify a fix or that even the problem still exists. Im taking screenshots of all the settings to show you guys what im talking about. And all his options for Show notifications and Turn Off are greyed out..