Can we root now? (Thunderbolt)

zenman77

Reaction score
Upon checking all of the forums out there, I'm only able to find articles about the phone being rooted when it was in it's experimental stage... Is there one that we can use now that it's out?

hogowner

Reaction score
Upon checking all of the forums out there, I'm only able to find articles about the phone being rooted when it was in it's experimental stage... Is there one that we can use now that it's out?

There are reports out that XDA developers may come out with the "rooting process" today! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

Aerogriff

Reaction score
Yup, apparently they have perm root working. Now we just wait for the release :)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

CheeseMcGee

Reaction score
I just wet my pants a little. Love this freaking phone already, can't wait for Root!! dancedroid

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I read they had temp root last night. Heading to XDA to see what's going on.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
What I read was that as of 11:30ish last night XDA developers had perm root working but did not have a working recovery. They are not going to release any instructions until they know they have a working recovery. But it is only a matter of a couple of days and I think we will have a working root with recovery, then the devs can go crazy making the roms and themes!!!!

spazzym

Reaction score
Team Andirc have it rooted. Last I checked they were just waiting on recovery. unRevoked expected next week.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Reaction score
its rooted with recovery and s-off instructions are in link i provided. i did this myself for the first time its really easy the hardest part was setting up adb.

rmcomer

Reaction score
Just rooted here, took a while (mostly waiting for the roms to load) but went smoothly. Glad I had adb all set up yesterday so today was just waiting for the correct files to load up. :)

Glad to be able to remove some unwanted apps and load up CWM recovery and TiBackup.

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Once you get clockwork on initially, can you flash over to raid zero recovery?

mjforte

Reaction score
I just got finished rooting myself. Takes a while but definitely going to be worth it, at least right now I can get rid of all this stupid bloatware.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Once you get clockwork on initially, can you flash over to raid zero recovery?

Pete!! Very glad to see you posting in the tb section!!! Here's hoping you snagged a tbolt as well...I'd LOVE to see your project elite honeycomb theme ported...