Can someon compare the TB to the OG for me?

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Hey guys, like most, I bought an OG on launch day and have enjoyed it immensely.

I am trying not to get caught up in the TB vs Bionic debate, but do have a few questions about how the TB relates to the OG.

Rate 1-10, 10 =best.

Original Droid

Call quality 8
Handset earpiece volume 7
Bluetooth audio quality 8
Bluetooth audio volume 7
Screen resolution 8
Still picture quality 4
video quality 6
Soft KB accuracy 6

That's all I can think of, feel free to add more entries. However, let's refrain from comparing the battery since there are so many variables with that.

Last edited:

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the screen resolution is a 6 to you on the Droid you'll be extremely dissappointed on the Thunderbolt..

James9109

Reaction score
If the screen resolution is a 6 to you on the Droid you'll be extremely dissappointed on the Thunderbolt..
You think its bad? I.think the.quality is great compared to many other devices.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Lucas5

Reaction score
Droid 1: 854×480 vs TB: 480 x 800
so technically, the TB has a lower resolution but it looks damn good.

Call quality 8
Handset earpiece volume 7
Bluetooth audio quality 8
Bluetooth audio volume 7
Screen resolution 8
Still picture quality 7
video quality 5
Soft KB accuracy 9 (it's pretty good at predicting what you type and what you meant to type)

it has been asked before and i definately feel that the TB is major upgrade from the original droid.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You think its bad? I.think the.quality is great compared to many other devices.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

I don't think it's bad at all. Was just saying to the op if he thought that the droid's resolution on a 3.7 inch screen at 854x480 was a 6, then 800x450 or whatever the TB's is on a 4.3 inch would dissappoint him.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
i'm an OG droid snob too.
its true.

using the tbolt i noticed first the sound is very muffled...reason..speaker is hidden by the kickstand..boo.

I don't sit around with my phone on a stand getting calls...its in my pocket where a lot of times i don't hear it anyway...

next the screen...i believe its a lower resolution on a physically bigger screen...so yeah..not impressed... unless you have bad vision then its a huge difference.

and finally lack of a keyboard, might be a killer, i'm willing to give it a try but with the droid3 coming soon, and rumored to be a "google experience" device... i have to wait.

oh tbolt pluses! battery life, if you're on 3g and turn the screen brightness down you will get better battery life.

its faster!

cool sense "themes" built in, kinda nice.

physically larger screen...if you have good vision though this can be bad..cause to me the csm desire looks crisper...reason being? same resolution smaller screen.

good luck!

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I know other phone are coming, but the fear of a tiered pricing structure has me nervous about waiting to long.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Simple. a Droid is a real Droid. Thunderbolt is an Android phone made by HTC.

If it doesn't say Motororla, it ain't a Droid. ;)

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Thunderbolt

Call quality: 8
Handset earpiece volume: 9
Bluetooth audio quality: haven't played with it
Bluetooth audio volume: haven't played with it
Screen resolution: 8
Still picture quality: 8
video quality: 7 smart phones only comparison
Soft KB accuracy: 8.5

I bought the OG on Nov 6 2009, and after rooting, I said that I wouldn't ever find another phone to replace that bad boy. As hard as it is to leave the OG development community, the Thunderbolt is leaps and bounds ahead of a stock OG. Hell it's still better than a rooted OG in my opinion, and I've had nothing but the best experience with my OG thanks to the OG development community. But you have to play with the TB in order to truly appreciate it.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Simple. a Droid is a real Droid. Thunderbolt is an Android phone made by HTC.

If it doesn't say Motororla, it ain't a Droid. ;)

Droid Incredible.
New Samsung Droid.

No, no, no. :) Does Chevy make the Mustang, or Ford a Corvette? this phones have the Droid title because Verizon gave it to them. They are Android phones, brothers and sisters, but not Droids in my book.

lexthemonsta

Reaction score
I was willing to stick it out and wait for the Bionic but I figured Motoblur would be all over that beast and I personally don't like it. I actually went to the Verizon Store the day the Thunderbolt was released and bought it. I really thought I would keep holding off for something amazing since my OG was rooted and all, but the Tbolt made me see things that I didn't dream possible and unfortunately my rooted OG Droid could not do or emulate :( but truthfully speaking, the Tbolt has stolen my heart and do not regret leaving my OG as it's backup. This bad boy is blazing fast, I thought I would miss the physical keyboard and I don't. I haven't rooted it yet since it's pretty sick in it's stock form. This of course is my personal experience with the matter at hand. If you gained something from it, great, if not, great. You'll just have to find someone with a Tbolt and give it a test run or go down to the store and try it out. My overall rating is a 9. The battery isn't all that great but it isn't awful either.