Can somebody tell me how to uninsall Googletalk

H

Highflyin128

It keeps trying g to connect and fails. I renamed the talk.apk and that didn't do anything. if I run my task manager I see a service.GTalkservice but I can't end it or stop it.

Running froyo

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Delete talk.apk in system/app with root explorer.

myriad46

Reaction score
When you go into the app, you can turn off, auto-login, then exit the app. It shouldn't bother you, unless you open it again.

When you say "your task manager", do you mean Andoids running application list, or do you have a task killer from the market. I have Advanced Task Killer and it shows Google Talk running, and will also kill it. But, if you do not uncheck auto-login, it will always re-sign-in.

OP
H

Highflyin128

Because its trying to login in, when you hit the menu button you dont get the settings menu, you just a option to cancel login. Once you choose cancel login the app closes, And when you open it, it trys to login again..So I cannot get to the menu to stop the auto-login.

I renamed the talk.apk to talk.bak and moved it to a folder on my SD incase I needed later. And it still ran...

A few minutes ago I deleted it altogether and rebooted and after a few minutes it tries to login again. I did a search using root explorer and it doenst find any other instances of talk.apk nor was a ever able to find anything with gtalk in its name either.

When I open up Advance Task Manager and go to services I see service.GTalkService. When I press and hold and choose endtask it doesnt end it.

Steeeler

Reaction score
Because its trying to login in, when you hit the menu button you dont get the settings menu, you just a option to cancel login. Once you choose cancel login the app closes, And when you open it, it trys to login again..So I cannot get to the menu to stop the auto-login.

I renamed the talk.apk to talk.bak and moved it to a folder on my SD incase I needed later. And it still ran...

A few minutes ago I deleted it altogether and rebooted and after a few minutes it tries to login again. I did a search using root explorer and it doenst find any other instances of talk.apk nor was a ever able to find anything with gtalk in its name either.

When I open up Advance Task Manager and go to services I see service.GTalkService. When I press and hold and choose endtask it doesnt end it.

Exact same problem here. I cant delete the program and I cant get rid of the notice "Goodle Talk Authentication Failed" either. Weird!

OP
H

Highflyin128

Its sucks cause ur notification goes off and u dont know if its a text or stupid google talk.

Im have tempted to reflash the base rom and delete the apk, then apply the theme update. cause i dont think i had this problem before the nextheme update.zip.