Can I set text notifications to be different for each contact?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
that's why I miss my blackberry. it had the ability to do that
So you miss your BB because you're unwilling to consider non-stock apps?

Appears increasingly that people who think the Droid doesn't do something as well as Apple or Blackberry just haven't found the apps that do what they are looking for.
It has always been that way. Either people don't grasp how extensible Android is via apps or they have a strange affinity for stock apps or something... It always comes across as equivalent to complaining that a PC is worthless because it comes with Paint instead Photoshop or Notepad & Wordpad instead of Word, etc.

I think part of it has to do with a lot of people transitioning from devices where you didn't have the option to use anything other than a stock app.

Handcent is easily the best text messaging app for the Droid.
Best is always subjective. Not being able to use Handcent with GV without involving SMS forwarding makes it a non-starter for me. YMMV, obviously.

does Handcent kill you battery thro? bc texting is the only thing i do on my phone
No. Check your battery info screen to see what's killing it.

Last edited:

New2Droid2010

Reaction score
Alot to Love about Droid but Alot to Miss on BBerry Too

Kmarmet, I totally agree. The Droid is awesome with the apps, etc. but it can be soooo complicated to get it to do things I took for granted on my Storm, like setting my profiles to "phone calls only." I downloaded Quick Profiles because the forums said that would accomplish it but am apparently not tech savvy enough to figure out how to use it.

I also am feeling the wear and tear on my eyes from not being able to change the default font type or size on the phone. While it seems that there are apps for many things I'd like to change, the app has its own settings that are hard for me to figure out and then the phone's settings have to be disabled, blah blah blah...

Corporate and other email is no where near as quick, harder to save attachments, etc.

In short, I feel you on the things missed about the BBerry. I still have two weeks left to decide if I should keep this or go back. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Kindle, Handcent SMS, games, lightning fast browser and many other things about the phone but I am having total BBerry withdrawal as I've been a BBerry user for close to 10 years. Anyways, I'm going to keep plugging away to see if the Droid X and I can make it work! :) dancedroid