Can I save GPS locations?

Bill M

Reaction score
Is there any way to save waypoints on google maps? I can't find it.
For example; if I want to save the location where my car is parked can I do this?

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
Is there any way to save waypoints on google maps? I can't find it.
For example; if I want to save the location where my car is parked can I do this?

Go to Market and type in GPS. There are many that do what you want. I dont remember the names, but the ones I looked at where free.

jdubbs23

Reaction score
I'm interested in this as well.

Specifically for me though, I'd like to save GPS locations for the Navigation App. On other Nav systems I've used I could save entries for Home, Work, and other Favorites. I haven't found this on the Google Navigator yet though.

Anomander

Reaction score
If we can't do a home location now, I hope we can in the future. It would be nice to have so when I am out and getting lost I can get my way home :)

jdubbs23

Reaction score
Actually I found that I could create a shortcut to a specific GPS location on the home screen. Just long press to create a shortcut to Directions and then type in the address and save it with a nickname. I created a folder and put a few locations all in the folder for quick access.

Anomander

Reaction score
Actually I found that I could create a shortcut to a specific GPS location on the home screen. Just long press to create a shortcut to Directions and then type in the address and save it with a nickname. I created a folder and put a few locations all in the folder for quick access.
Damn, why did I not think of that. I figured it would be something like that. Thanks for that tip

zschiffman

Reaction score
can also make contacts with addresses, then u just go to your contact list, select one and hit navigate. doesnt need a phone # associated with it.

srothkin

Reaction score
How do you save the current GPS location (I don't see any obvious way to do that)? This would be useful when renting a car -- just save the current location before leaving the rental lot and then navigate to that saved location when ready to return the car.

Leckert123

Reaction score
Find your parked car - there are a couple of car finder apps that are free, such as Car Locator.

MrWoodcox

Reaction score
Offroad GPS

The only way that I can see to save locations is through starred locations on google maps. That's all well and good, but that's only saving on known locations through google's known streets. What would be useful for me is saving offroad locations, for example I'm a hunter and I use a real GPS that can save geographical positions such as where I parked my truck and where I got my kill, and will point me to that spot from wherever I wander off to. If there was an app that could track longitude and latitude that would be awesome so that I could save gps coordinates instead of the nearest known location.