Can I run any Rom over New OTA?

arbs27

Reaction score
Just got a replacement phone with new OTA, my question is ...Can I install any current Rom over the new OTA?

Sent from my rezzzound.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, the important part of the OTA(the radio) will persist even if you install a ROM.

mjones73

Reaction score
When you install a rom, you are effectively deleting the current rom on the phone, it's like formatting your PC and re-installing the OS. As long as you have access to a custom recovery, you can install any rom for the phone you want.

Insidious

Reaction score
Actually I must forworn against this. I posted in the ROM section, for ICS Roms if you have taken the OTA, and the rom hasn't been updated; then the mainver won't update to ICS and you'll have to McGuyver your way out of it. You might want to check my post to learn more. You can flash Scott's CleanRom 2.3 ICS edition. He has updated it for the OTA.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
Also it its on the stock kernel then it should work. I haven't tested it though.

OP
arbs27

arbs27

Reaction score
Yeah, I had senseless ics Rom before. I know how to do most of this.. I'm just a bit iffy now since its an updated OTA. Insidious that's what I didn't want to happen.. I unlocked rooted and have amon ras new recovery, I wanted to reinstall senseless ics edition.

Insidious

Reaction score
Yeah, I had senseless ics Rom before. I know how to do most of this.. I'm just a bit iffy now since its an updated OTA. Insidious that's what I didn't want to happen.. I unlocked rooted and have amon ras new recovery, I wanted to reinstall senseless ics edition.

You can install clean ICS 2.3 and then install senseless because the kernel is the same.

OP
arbs27

arbs27

Reaction score
Alright thanks, ill try that.

If I get stuck in the mainver message ill be back.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks, ill try that.

If I get stuck in the mainver message ill be back.

Just flash the kernel manually and you won't get stuck.

"fastboot flash boot boot.img"

OP
arbs27

arbs27

Reaction score
Ok right now I'm on clean Rom 2.3.. what should be my next steps to successfully flash Scott's senseless ics Rom? Thanks in advance.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok right now I'm on clean Rom 2.3.. what should be my next steps to successfully flash Scott's senseless ics Rom? Thanks in advance.

My advice...stay on CleanRom 2.3 and run this tool: [UTIL] DeSense & clean-up v5.1 ** [updated 2/1] - xda-developers . It De-senses and adds launcher2 and stock ICS messaging. It leaves some of the bloat of Sense behind but it's a ton more stable than Senseless(no FC's on SystemUI).

OP
arbs27

arbs27

Reaction score
Ok thanks.

When I ran senseless it was smooth, no fc..