Can I return my phone?

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
Ok, hopefully somebody can help me. I bought my Droid at the end of December, but I'm having the common problem with the headphone jack being loose and not working properly. I want to exchange my phone for a new one, but I need to know if I can.

Here's the catch. I bought my phone at Best Buy in my hometown, but where I go to school there is no Best Buy. Can I still take the phone to Verizon? If not, we're getting a Best Buy here next month so would they still offer a replacement for me?

And one final question. Will either Verizon or Best Buy offer exchanges if your screen is slightly scratched?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd call customer service and ask them, but I imagine a vzw store would be able to handle it...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

miss chris

Reaction score
Call CS, my replacement Droid is in the mail to me as we speak for a loose screen. Never had to even leave the comfort of my office.

RoLa

Reaction score
I'd stick with Best Buy...They are Awesome when it comes to replacement..especially having TWO problems, one being a warranty issue. It's worth a shot.

OP
J

JMU_Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Miss chris, did you buy your droid from Best Buy or directly from Verizon?

drewfuss

Reaction score
you are out side of your 30 DOA period for Best Buy to cover it. it falls to VZW to file it under the manf. 1 year warranty, just take it to a store or call customer service and they will ship out a replacement phone at no cost.

modette

Reaction score
The phone you will be sent will most likely be a refurbished model unless they don't have any then you might get a new one. They reserve that right, and no it will not extend your warranty any.

You could also deal direct with Motorola too as they can handle the warranty but then you might need to show proof of purchase. I would just call VZW myself.