Can I return my Nexus at Costco?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I really do not like my phone. Way too many problems. What is Costco's return policy? Can I get my $ back? I got this phone February 3rd. Below are two problems I had when this morning and that I constantly have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Dropped signal completely at random times? I had this issue as well. I bought mine from Best Buy, had this issue quite often, took it to VERIZON and they gave me a brand new one right there in the store, but that is because I was still within my 14 days. If you are past any return times, you can get a warranty replacement for this issue, I am sure. Since getting a replacement, I have had no signal issues AT ALL.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I really do not like my phone. Way too many problems. What is Costco's return policy? Can I get my $ back? I got this phone February 3rd. Below are two problems I had when this morning and that I constantly have.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

There's a nationwide 4g outage at Verizon today, which is why you wouldn't be able to reach a web site. Also, you're showing zero bars of signal also, which would cause the phone to constantly search for a signal and run the battery down.

element192

Reaction score
I just recently encountered this issue and it took 5 replacement phones at Costco to get a phone that didn't do this. It seemed hard to believe that 4 phones had the exact same hardware issue, but sure enough on the fifth phone the problem went away and I haven't had a single problem since. Exchanging at Costco is a piece of cake.

For more information see this thread:
Issue 24345 - android - Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA/LTE) radio drops all data and voice - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Yes, I lose signal at random times. I haven't gotten my extended battery yet, but I have not been impressed with the battery life. Searching for a signal could possibly be the problem there.

I need to go to costco and see if they will just replace it with a new one.

It was unlocked and rooted. If I use the root tool kit to unroot, will I have any issues returning it?

element192

Reaction score
Exchange it for one that doesn't have the problem, the battery life will be night and day. I've been using the standard battery for the past few days and battery life has been pretty good (I'm running GummyJar 7.6).

At least give a properly functioning Nexus a try. I don't think you're going to have much better luck with any of the other phones Costco is offering right now (RAZR - not the Maxx, and Bionic were the only other 4G phones I saw).

Unlock and unroot and you will be good to go, mine was the same way.

droidlady05

Reaction score
I exchanged my first Nexus for another within the first week, then I returned the second one and got my $ back.

I tried to love the Nexus, but when I made phone calls at a certain point in the call the other party couldn't hear me, but I could hear them. When I reached them again they'd say there was a cracking and popping noise.

I use my smart phone for a lot of things, but sometimes I need the phone to be a phone. Especially, since I cut the cord on my land line a little over a year ago.

I live Costco! I'm waiting for them to get the razr maxx and I'll go back.

I'd take it back if I were you. However, your past the 14 days, so your locked into Verizon, but you can switch phones for up to 90 days from purchase.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

element192

Reaction score
Not sure what problems yours had, with the five I've had the only real problem I've had is the mobile network issue I reference earlier. I've also had an occasional problem with echoing if I'm using a wired headset, but personally that's not much of an issue.

But I do agree, I love Costco as well. As much of a pain that it was to keep switching out the phones, they gave me minimal grief for having to exchange a phone so much.

OP
Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I'll try to swap out for another nexus. (Don't need a locked bootloader)
My wife upgraded to the iphone 4s, and I must admit, the damn thing is pretty solid compared to mine (execept for the small screen and download speeds)

One small thing that bothers me is the screen off sound is off by about a second. Anyone else getting that?

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Yeah, my screen off sound seems to lag as well, but I got used to that.

One thing I noticed about these third party phone vendors is that, they may be scamming you. When I got my Nexus at Best Buy, it came out of the box with 4.0.2. All the phones are supposed to come out of the box with 4.0.1, according to a Verizon employee I talked to. So it is possible that these phones with hardware related reception issues could actually be CLNR phones, without our knowledge. Keep aware of that, make sure you are prompted to update to 4.0.2 out of box, otherwise return it because it is NOT a new phone.