Can i Create theme with Windows 7

Reaction score
So i am totally new to this but can not find a theme that i am looking for so i figured i would kill a day and attempt to create one myself.
Can i do it running Windows 7 on my computer?
I went to this link after it was suggested on another thread:
http://www.jbthemes.com/AndroidThemeingGuide/The Ultimate Android Themeing Guide.pdf
but it says in the system requirements that you need Vista or XP.
ANy help i am nervous doing this but i want to stop being a wuss and start utilizing my phone otherwise i feel like just some poser who got the phone just for the apps. (cough cough i phone users cough)

SANhacker

Reaction score
OP
C
Reaction score
I know what you mean.
I'm running Windows 7 and use VMWare Workstation to boot up Android OS in a VM. This allows me to test my themes before downloading to my phone.

Here is a link to get you started:
How to Run Google's Android OS on Your Windows PC - In just a few easy steps - Softpedia

I'm still testing and don't have a lot of answers.
If only there were 30 hours in a day I would have this nailed.
Where can i get the VMWare Workstation? Sorry i am totally new to this

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know what you mean.
I'm running Windows 7 and use VMWare Workstation to boot up Android OS in a VM. This allows me to test my themes before downloading to my phone.

Here is a link to get you started:
How to Run Google's Android OS on Your Windows PC - In just a few easy steps - Softpedia

I'm still testing and don't have a lot of answers.
If only there were 30 hours in a day I would have this nailed.
:) :)
Let me google that for you

SANhacker

Reaction score

You can purchase VMware WS from VMware or you can download Oracle VM VirtualBox from the link I provided.

I use VMware since I typically have Ubuntu and XP VM's open on my Windows 7 machine. It's all a matter of choice.

You can also just boot Android OS from a CD which is also outlined in the above link.

I'm learning this as we speak so I don't pretend to have all the answers but try and fail is my typical MO. When running a VM, I don't worry to much about the results. It either boots and runs or it crashes and burns. :icon_eek: