Camera won't activate

gsridge

Reaction score
When we turn camera on message comes back "sorry! The application Camera( process com.android(camera)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Any ideas??

mjs31

Reaction score
First of all pull the battery or at least turn your phone off and back on again. Have you installed any picture taking apps?

OP
G

gsridge

Reaction score
Camera Problem

First of all pull the battery or at least turn your phone off and back on again. Have you installed any picture taking apps?

Off and back on worked. Thanks

Wulf

Reaction score
Im having this exact same problem on a rooted droid incredible 2.2. I believe it started after I downloaded a screen shot app. I removed the app restarted the phone pulled out the SD Card and even reset to an earlier saved backup of before I installed that app. Im still getting the same error message any time I click to view pictures inside the camera.

The application Camera( process com.android(camera)has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Wulf

Reaction score
Well I sort of made some progress with the camera force closing when I clicked on the gallery link. I reinstalled the HTCalbum.apk file which had been deleted accidentally. So now the camera doesnt throw the camera force close error when clicking on the gallery. It still closes but now it throws a force close error for the album. So I guess the link between the camera and album as been resolved and now I just need to get the album to work. The album also force closes if opened outside of the camera. I think this might be because my version of the HTCalbum.apk might not be new enough so Im going to try and get it from my brothers phone and reinstall it again.