Camera - manual control

tsitalon1

Reaction score
As a SLR owner, I would like manual control over the camera on the droid.

Can any devs or anyone else tell me if this is possible with the droid camera?

Assuming someone can code, can software give us shutter/aperature/iso configuration?

snowman

Reaction score
I'm really not trying to be a smart but but it's just a phone not a camera
thats asking a lot
I'm a photographer and I think it's pretty wild what my phone can do = pics, and video
actually pretty good for a phone

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Actually it's not pretty good for a 2010 camera phone , specially when it's presented as a big selling point , go pick any other phone and check the camera . You can adjust the ISO , shutter , exposure , take panoramic pictures using the accelerometer , smile detection , antishake , take pictures in the dark etc.

brochaos

Reaction score
i'm just happy they gave us an exposure option. at least that way you can kind of trick the shutter speed up or down.

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Actually it's not pretty good for a 2010 camera phone , specially when it's presented as a big selling point , go pick any other phone and check the camera . You can adjust the ISO , shutter , exposure , take panoramic pictures using the accelerometer , smile detection , antishake , take pictures in the dark etc.

Exactly, I know it doesn't compare to my 85mm 1.8 lens, but damn, give me some more control.

Again, for the devs, can this level of control be coded?

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
As a SLR owner, I would like manual control over the camera on the droid.

Can any devs or anyone else tell me if this is possible with the droid camera?

Assuming someone can code, can software give us shutter/aperature/iso configuration?

I agree I would pay a decent chunk of change for an app that let me control the ISO, shutter and aputure even though i'm pretty the apeture on most android models is fixed.

You can use exposure compensation to cheat it a little but you can't do long exposures or anything.

The camera on most droid phones is pretty bad compared to an iphone.

Android needs to focus less on the size of the images and more on the quality. I don't need an 11mp camera i'd rather have a smaller file and better sensor in the phone.