Camera glitch:

bruticus

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid for work. It either sits on my desk at the office or on a bookshelf at home, so it's never exposed to any kind of physical trauma.

My camera was working fine last weekend. Last Friday night, though, when I activated it the display was just a jumble of colors with hints/outlines of the image it should have shown. If I tried to take a picture, the flash would turn on and stay on. If I didn't turn the camera off within a few seconds, the display would freeze, and a few seconds later the phone would lock completely, requiring a battery pull.

What should I do?

DjB

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
wow weird..

is it behaving normal after battery pull?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you running a task killer? Do you have any other non-stock apps running in the background? Try uninstalling stuff and rebooting.

If that doesn't work, I would do a factory reset.

If that doesn't work, I would take the phone back.

OP
B

bruticus

Reaction score
Pulling the battery doesn't return it to nominal operation.

I haven't installed any apps on it.

Um, how do I do a factory reset?

DjB

bpad10

Reaction score
My wife is having a somewhat similar (?) Problem.....when she presses the camera the screen goes black, then, after a delay, it force closes. I tried the bar code scanner and the same thing. It worked great last week....nothing works

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
maybe it's that internal clock software error? i don't remember if they fixed it or not, but i just used my camera yesterday and it worked fine.

hopefully 2.1 will fix it.