Camera constantly coming on...

Humble

Reaction score
Not sure why this is happening. I will admit, I had my droid in my cup holder while driving my truck when I had to come to an adrupt stop and my coffee spilled within the cup holder, getting the droid soaked. I have since cleaned and let everything dry. This was a month ago and recently over the last two weeks at certain times during the day when I am trying to text or anything on my Droid, the camera will go through a mind numbing relay of turning on automatically.

It took me three hours to text my wife the word "Hi" because of the damn camera, I had my hands around it ready to crush it and go get an X.

Has anyone had this problem, or can this all be chalked up to tall Gourmet Coffee with a little bit of french vanilla creamer?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you know the answer. ;) Coffee on top of the Droid doesn't work well.

Your best bet is to call Verizon, tell them what your issue is minus the coffee story and they will send you out a warranty repair.

Of course if those water marks are showing up inside your Droid that could be an issue and a huge bill, but I'd take a chance.

You may feel differently but I think that's your only recourse. Unless you have insurance and right now there are no Droids available so you might get an X that way.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

Your best bet is to call Verizon, tell them what your issue is minus the coffee story and they will send you out a warranty repair.

Of course if those water marks are showing up inside your Droid that could be an issue and a huge bill, but I'd take a chance.

You may feel differently but I think that's your only recourse. Unless you have insurance and right now there are no Droids available so you might get an X that way.

So many people get clocked on insurance fraud and purposely misleading warranty claims by mods, and again you are telling him to call verizon and basically lie.

I have seen you on several occasions give this same advise, not only is it unethical to attempt passing this off as warranty issues, he will most likely get smacked with a bill when they open the phone and SEE the water damage.

Stop giving this advise and follow some protocol that the other mods do.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

So many people get clocked on insurance fraud and purposely misleading warranty claims by mods, and again you are telling him to call verizon and basically lie.

I have seen you on several occasions give this same advise, not only is it unethical to attempt passing this off as warranty issues, he will most likely get smacked with a bill when they open the phone and SEE the water damage.

Stop giving this advise and follow some protocol that the other mods do.

True I told him to see if he can get it by warranty repair. And I warned that there may be a huge bill involved. But where did I say anything about Insurance fraud? If he dropped it into water he's entitled to replacement, and right now I'm hearing they are getting ready to hand out Incredibles and X's as replacements for Droids.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
True I told him to see if he can get it by warranty repair. And I warned that there may be a huge bill involved. But where did I say anything about Insurance fraud? If he dropped it into water he's entitled to replacement, and right now I'm hearing they are getting ready to hand out Incredibles and X's as replacements for Droids.

All I was saying is that people are getting clocked for this type of thing, I didn't mean to infer you meant for him to pursue insurance fraud.

My point though, is you have said many times that people could attempt to get one over on Verizon with warranty services and that really isn't any different that insurance fraud.

He could get a replacement with insurance, since insurance covers this, you are right; but too many times these things come up, someone makes an idea like you have and they get warned by mods, why is it that you can make a similar suggestion that is borderline wrong and it's acceptable?

That's my qualm here. No one, especially mods or leaders of this forum, should be telling someone else publicly they could attempt to get it fixed under a pretense that they shouldn't/normally couldn't.

OP
Humble

Humble

Reaction score
Thank you for both of your replies. I visited my friendly Verizon store yesterday and informed them of the problem. I didnt mention the sweet yummy coffee that became one with my droid because I didnt see any immediate problems until two weeks after the incident.
The frustrating part of this ordeal is that I went to the V store, and on my way up there I could place a call or anything without my camera app coming on, then I get there, wait in line, and then when ask to duplicate the problem, it wouldnt. So I go home to my wife and kids and it starts doing it again. Head back up to the store while the family is all in their swim suits waiting for me to take them swimming and I get to the store and I cant duplicate it, aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhh

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I apologize if I stepped on toes with your thread, I know it's a pain in the butt when something isn't working how you expect no matter the cause.

If they are using X to replace droid, you might have to wrack out the money to get it replaced with your insurance. :(

OP
Humble

Humble

Reaction score
I apologize if I stepped on toes with your thread, I know it's a pain in the butt when something isn't working how you expect no matter the cause.

If they are using X to replace droid, you might have to wrack out the money to get it replaced with your insurance. :(

That would be awesome, I will look into it today, thanks for the advice.

OP
Humble

Humble

Reaction score
Do you think I should call it in or go to the verizon store?

OP
Humble

Humble

Reaction score
Well I am about to call the insurance company, that would be great if they told me there are no moto droids to insure me with so we have to give you a DX, lol, I really doubt that would happen....right?

OP
Humble

Humble

Reaction score
Well i screwed the pooch. So I call the insurance to make a claim. I am here all giddy because I get on the phone with a insurance rep named PJ, who begans to tell me that they are currently all out of the Droid by moto, so I am peeing in my pants because I think they may offer me an update like the new DX (X), so I blurt it out before he can finish his sentence, and all I hear is giggling, GIGGLING! Whats all the giggling about? I want the new X.

Well, poo on me. They laughed about the simple possibility of me getting an X for my Droid phone claim, and I cryed alittle and they told me they were going to give me an Eris. I stood up, being that I am on the phone and there really is no way for them to tell that I am standing up in disgust, I say "An Eris?"

So they are shipping me an Eris in the morning, and I guess I can do the 2.1 os update when I get it? It should be just like the Droid right? Help me out here guys............. I have dropped to a new low, a few years ago I could care less about what cell phone I had, but now, while working at the hospital, with a patient on the table, I cant even think of the correct dose of sedative to give so the patient doesnt feel pain during the procedure without wondering if I have downgraded instead of upgraded to my new cell phone........its a very sad life.

Fill me in my fellow and former droid community.........wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh/

p.s. ( sarcasm noted concerning patient care, I love my patients, I desire no one to feel undue pain simply because I am downgrading to an Eris)