Camera Bug? Rubix 1.9

marmst

Reaction score
Updated to rubix 1.9, everything works flawlessly except the camera. The camera takes pictures, but it doesn't save them to the gallery. It saves the camera picture file, but the file is 0.0kb large. So essentially it takes a pic and doesn't save. Is there a fix for this, or is this a known issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sruel3216

Reaction score
Updated to rubix 1.9, everything works flawlessly except the camera. The camera takes pictures, but it doesn't save them to the gallery. It saves the camera picture file, but the file is 0.0kb large. So essentially it takes a pic and doesn't save. Is there a fix for this, or is this a known issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hmm im assuming ur using the camera that came with rubix. i use the DX camera off the fission rom. i installed thru clockwork. takes better pics.

anyways, try clearing cache thru clockwork first and see if that works

paulp04

Reaction score
In terms try

su
chmod 775 /system/app/camera.apk

Sent via DROID X 2.2.1 rooted running Rubix Focused 1.9.0 with custom black bar theme OC 1.22ghz on Verizon Wireless

Hodoku

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with every camera app I try. When I try to chmod, I get "Unable to chmod /system/app/camera.apk; No such file or directory

Any idea what could be going on? :(

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Are you using the correct version of the rom? If you're still on the 2.3.15 ota and haven't taken the .340 OTA or the .320 leak build, you need to download the version that says 2.3.15 ONLY and load that, and vice versa.

Hodoku

Reaction score
gotcha, tried it and it worked. I guess I downloaded the wrong one originally, and everything but the camera worked!

On a side note, now that im on that version, do I need to/ can I patch it to .340?

Last edited:

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
gotcha, tried it and it worked. I guess I downloaded the wrong one originally, and everything but the camera worked!

On a side note, now that im on that version, do I need to/ can I patch it to .340?

yes, load the patch if you want everything updated.

Hodoku

Reaction score
is there a specific patch i need to use for my version, or is there only one? :p

(sorry for all the questions, but its too deep into finals week for me the figure it all out)

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
is there a specific patch i need to use for my version, or is there only one? :p

(sorry for all the questions, but its too deep into finals week for me the figure it all out)

Trust me, I completely understand you on that. Finals are killing me as well :)

There's only one.