Camcorder - I hit the button and it closes

savvynjguy

Reaction score
Ok, I am very new so please be kind. Am I missing something here? I start the camcorder then when i go to hit the record button, it just closes out and goes to the home screen.

Help please! thanks!

Droix x 2.2

Reaction score
Ok, I am very new so please be kind. Am I missing something here? I start the camcorder then when i go to hit the record button, it just closes out and goes to the home screen.

Help please! thanks!

Droix x 2.2
This happened to me yesterday. A reboot fixed it.

OP
S

savvynjguy

Reaction score
ok thank you - I pulled the battery and wala...we're back in business.

Thanks!!

DW0278

Reaction score
Battery pull fixed it for me started having the problem after the 2.2 update

Kungfutrip

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue with both the camcorder and the camera after updating to 2.2.

They will work some random number of times for me, then for no apparent reason I'll go to use one, the screen flashes black like it was opening then kicks me back to the home screen. After that happens, neither the camera or camcorder opens at all until I reboot.

It's really annoying, especially when it decides to happen at an opportune photo moment...

azaraith

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I can't use the camera or camcorder apps, they both just flash a black screen and exit back to the home screen. Rebooting doesn't help...

Edit: I uninstalled my task killer app (Advanced Task Killer) and rebooted and now it works fine. Perhaps ATK was auto-killing the camera/camcorder services...

Last edited:

jaklap

Reaction score
I am also having the exact same problem. I've tried a battery pull, powering on and off, and the same thing happens: It works for a few times, and then decides not to open up anymore. It's a pain.

azaraith

Reaction score
I got mine to work correctly again by deleting the shortcuts I was using and going back to the launcher shortcuts, then I recreated the home screen shortcuts and it works again... strange, but I'll take it.

want a droid

Reaction score
I had this problem once, it eventually corrected itself and I haven't seen it again since.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jaklap

Reaction score
So still no solution thats worked for everyone? It just varies? I keep having to resart my phone, which will make it work a few more times, only to stop again. All my apps that use the camera and camcorder still work though.....Ustream, justin.tv, goggles, barcode, etc.