car0llle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
kdedinaite
Hi all!

TLDR: the title.
I have a 2 year old LG G3 and today I tried calling someone and heard a message that call barring is activated. I didn't change the settings prior to that. The only thing I do lately with my phone is play some Candy Crush.

The only call barring turned on is for outgoing calls. I tried disabling it by inserting the password 0000. I followed the instructions as per manuals online. No error message that the password is wrong, so I assume it's right. I exit the settings screen, test the effects and still the same message when I try to call. I changed the password to 1111, which was successful, and tried another million of times. It seems like I manage to turn it off but it gets turned on by default again or something, it's hard to explain.

I also have just performed the factory reset and still nothing. If anyone has any suggestions, please help!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What is call barring?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
car0llle

car0llle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
kdedinaite
What is call barring?

Call barring is a setting able to select to block certain calls, i.e. all outgoing calls; all incoming calls; international calls and so on. So that broken setting on my phone therefore leads me to having a phone without being able to perform the main function of a phone - making calls, lol.

Edit: Never heard of it before, too, until I got this error message. I am puzzled at how it has changed at all.

OP
car0llle

car0llle

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
kdedinaite
Seems to be an Aussie term. In the States we say "call blocking".

Have you tried this?
How to block and unblock calls on an LG smartphone

Thanks for this, that term might get me some more answers. The phone is from UK. This is not the setting I need to change though, at least I don't think so. The phone barring option is at the very end of my call settings menu. I used this guide: LG G3 - Turn call barring on or off and the screenshots are the same that my phone shows. I did everything as in the guide but it is ineffective and the setting remains the same. I'd think it's a virus or just phone going cray for good, but I don't want to lose hope.