Calendar draining phone...HELP!

lmarnold36

Reaction score
I purchased my Droid last Monday (3/15). Everything was working great and I downloaded several apps throughout the week. On Friday I ended up sync'ing my contacts to my Facebook account so it updated my contact list to include all my Facebook friends. I also sync'd an app called EboBirthdays to my Facebook and then sync'd the Ebo App to my calendar. That evening my fully charged battery died over night. I charged it back up and then it died again 2 hours later. It has only been holding a charge for about 2-3 hours ever since Saturday morning. I have a battery app that shows the phone does get a full charge. I also have a tracking app that shows that the battery charges all the way but then starts taking massive hits of battery use. When I check Settings>About Phone>Battery Use it tells me that 70-80% of my battery is being used by my calendar. I have uninstalled EboBirthday and used my App Killer countless number of times to kill all Apps running but my battery still only lasts 2-3 hours. I called Motorola and they were not any help. They told me I needed to reset my entire phone back to factory settings and if that didn't work to get a new battery. I am trying to avoid both of those and I really do not think that it is the battery.

Any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I purchased my Droid last Monday (3/15). Everything was working great and I downloaded several apps throughout the week. On Friday I ended up sync'ing my contacts to my Facebook account so it updated my contact list to include all my Facebook friends. I also sync'd an app called EboBirthdays to my Facebook and then sync'd the Ebo App to my calendar. That evening my fully charged battery died over night. I charged it back up and then it died again 2 hours later. It has only been holding a charge for about 2-3 hours ever since Saturday morning. I have a battery app that shows the phone does get a full charge. I also have a tracking app that shows that the battery charges all the way but then starts taking massive hits of battery use. When I check Settings>About Phone>Battery Use it tells me that 70-80% of my battery is being used by my calendar. I have uninstalled EboBirthday and used my App Killer countless number of times to kill all Apps running but my battery still only lasts 2-3 hours. I called Motorola and they were not any help. They told me I needed to reset my entire phone back to factory settings and if that didn't work to get a new battery. I am trying to avoid both of those and I really do not think that it is the battery.

Any suggestions? PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to the neighborhood, lmarnold36! Glad you've decided to join us! Just jump right in and make yourself at home! You'll find that the folks here are very friendly and knowledgeable.

I thnk you have an app problem. Something you've added (I would suspect the EboBirthdays) is causing your issue. Why not uninstall it for a couple of days and see if your battery life improves? Just a thought.

Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems like Calendar is the problem. Have you tried clearing calendar storage yet?

settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all > calendar storage > clear data

You might also want to do the above for "Calendar", not just "Calendar storage".

pyro6128

Reaction score
Try using the search on the forum. I remember someone else having this same problem and then finding a solution. I just don't know where the thread is

hondaguy520

Reaction score
That was I who hadthe same exact problem, for a quick fix just uncheck the syncing optins and only manually sync when you need to, today I was finally able to have everything checked again after I did the clear data like someone said above. So id try clearing data from email/contacts/calendar...let everything re-sync and see what happens throughout the day.

If that doesn't work just do a manual sync when you need to.

Also I and a lot of people on here advise NOT to use a task killer. Its uneeded and can only do harm.

Hope I helped, good luck and keep us posted!!