''cable'' tv app?

chromashadows

Reaction score
I don't have cable at my house at all and was curious if there are any apps that play sci fi or history channel or any cable based tv shows with full episodes just like if you were watching the tv itself. Or do you all know if there are any in the future?

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I don't have cable at my house at all and was curious if there are any apps that play sci fi or history channel or any cable based tv shows with full episodes just like if you were watching the tv itself. Or do you all know if there are any in the future?

I do not think so. I've downloaded one or two that claim to be TV shows but are clips ranging in length between two and six minutes long. I have not really downloaded much after that because I'm not too interested in it at this moment. But I thought my comment would help because I did not find any great ones very easily. If you find any, be sure to reply here and let me know :)

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

Honestly your best bet would be slingbox, which you can still use if you have a nice friend that will let you hook it up at their house, just plug in the box there and BOOOOM you will have LIVE CABLE tv on your phone :)

Just make sure when you get it and hook it up that you run a splitter so that while hes watching tv if you turn on your droid or your laptop and change the channel it doesnt affect what hes watching.

Slingbox is the best tv app by far, and is finally coming to the droid this summer!!!

adt584

Reaction score
Tv.com APP

TV.com has a App...full length movies and tv shows....not live but heck any way

jellybean420

Reaction score

Tv Shows Stream. Lite version on market. No movies but a crap ton of tv shows new and old. Full episodes and great quality.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
An app itself won't cut it. Something has to encode the video at the other end, whether it's a service, Slingbox, etc.