Buying Milestone today.. How strong are the flash leds?

draziok

Reaction score
My BB Tour randomly died on my a few weeks ago so while browsing through telus' phones, I came across this beauty. Blackberry's have a 1W led which is REALLY bright and quite a nice thing to have.

Anyone know the wattage of the milestone leds?

starscream

Decepticon
Premium Member
Reaction score
My BB Tour randomly died on my a few weeks ago so while browsing through telus' phones, I came across this beauty. Blackberry's have a 1W led which is REALLY bright and quite a nice thing to have.

Anyone know the wattage of the milestone leds?

i've been searching every where and i cant find anything about the wattage lol...

I can tell you its a dual LED and my Droid can easily be used as a flashlight with the Droidtorch app

*edit*
coming from a BB your in for a treat... :) Android OS blows BB away

OP
D

draziok

Reaction score
Oh I can't wait. Soon it will be mine haha

Kam5lc

Reaction score
Hey not trying to deter you but make sure you understand the limitation that motorola has put on the milestone, making it a less customisable phone than the droid. That means no custom roms or overclocking, user made fixes and modifications.

Other than that it is a damn nice phone with loadsa features to make the average consumer happy.

OP
D

draziok

Reaction score
Yup I know about the limitations, it sucks, but from the sounds of it, the milestone will kick the blackberry's ass

JP 5.56

Reaction score
My blackberry's flash never blinded me. There is nothing that can convince me to get in front of the flash on the droid... its like looking at a nuclear explosion. :icon_eek:

OP
D

draziok

Reaction score
My blackberry's flash never blinded me. There is nothing that can convince me to get in front of the flash on the droid... its like looking at a nuclear explosion. :icon_eek:

LOL well that makes me happy then =]
good way to put it

Szadzik

Reaction score
Hey not trying to deter you but make sure you understand the limitation that motorola has put on the milestone, making it a less customisable phone than the droid. That means no custom roms or overclocking, user made fixes and modifications.

Other than that it is a damn nice phone with loadsa features to make the average consumer happy.

Things you are talking about are not essential for a casual user.

I stopped using custom ROM a looooong time ago, maybe in the times of Samsung D600 I had a loooong time ago. It is not funny any more. And just in case, I am not a newbie in the phone business, I already got tired of the whole business with custom ROMs and simply am ok to use the factory ROMs from Motorola, and only needed to root it to have some more access.

Last edited:

Kam5lc

Reaction score
I'm a pretty casual user myself and I don't usually use custom roms. However I would like to with the milestone mainly because the phone is underclocked to a laggy any often annoying speed. Now I'm not sure if that's the case with the bb but the milestone isn't as smooth and quick to respond as the iphone whichi regularly use.

There is a noticeable lag with text input (letters coming up on the screen slightly slower than you typing), and an all round general jerky feeling of scrolling whether on the home screen oor a browser. These aRe the 2 most common usages of my phone so are important to me.

From what I've been told this is due to the milestone being underclocked at 550mhz stock, when it should have been 650mhz. People who have overclocked have xlaimed a noticeable increase in speed to the functions which I mentioned above, functions that almost every user will need, which is why I thought it would be mentioned.

Anyhow since u are fine with the limitations then go and enjoy the phone as the rest of the features are pretty awesome. Flash is one of the strongest I've seen on a smartphone, barring the sony erricsons. Camera quality is good as well for general use and the videoing is quick as well