Buying a fascinate

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
hey guys today i am going into verizon to buy a fascinate using my early upgrade and i did the calculation its 199.99 plus 13.98 in tax so i should bring 215 correct are there any other fees i haven't calculated

Cloud3

Reaction score
If u buy directly from vzw website, there is no tax and free overnight shipping. When I bought mine, they refunded the activation fee ($30 I think?), but you might want to check on that at the website cause I had to call them to get the refund. :(
Also, although everyone has been complaining about Samsung not releasing froyo, keep in mind that samsung has already released an open source froyo code and it's now up to vzw to build on it and release. Plus, I haven't had ANY of the software problems like GPS so far (2 months of use) that everyone's taking about. So it's a great phone with top of the line hardwares and I welcome you to the fascinate community!

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
So 220 is good the activation won't be charged to me directly right just to the bill

Sent from my Sourcery using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BlackHoleSlam, I'm not trying to tell you how to spend your money but spending that much on a discontinued phone doesn't seem right to me. I would if you could wait a bit and look at some of the new 4G phones that are coming out now. No way would I pay that kind of money for a Fascinate. Good phone, nothing against it, it's just going to seem dated within the next couple of months.

Cloud3

Reaction score
Waiting and taking a look at 4G phones is a good idea too.

-Cloud

fascinater

Reaction score
Wally world has the fascinate for 48.88.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Guys this is an early upgrade just after 13th months so if I don't get a phone b4 the 16th then I have to waitb7 more months meaning most of the 4g phones coming out during that time would be dated

Wabbitinspace

Reaction score
I doubt any of those phones will be coning out within the next month or more. Plus, if you don't live in the city where 4G is available you will just be on a 3G network. You'll just be a badass with the best phone on the block hahahah

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using the DroidForums app.

GDP

Reaction score
There's no activation fee for an upgrade no matter where you get it. And the fascinate is not a discontinued phone, and won't be for quite some time.

Just thought I better clear up the misinformation in this thread

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
Wished peolpe would quit bad mouthing this phone its a great phone one of the best if not the best out there.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Check best buy sales. Usual are promising and the rebate fee is taken care of by the store so you just get it by ticket price?

8pened!

Reaction score
I switched from a BB Tour to the Fascinate this past November and am totally stoked that I did. Even without Froyo right now, this is the best phone I've ever had. It's basically a portable computer/phone/organizer all in one! Hands down the best phone I've ever bought, though Flash 10 on Froyo WOULD be nice...

OP
BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Okay so let me get this right if I go in and buy the fascinate from Verizon since its the only place I can get it from because ITS AN EARLY UPGRADE and it will be around 200.14 is there an activation if they activate if so I should just call in then