business card app

segen77

Reaction score
Does anyone have any personal experience with any of the business card Apps? Looking for recommendations.

Thanks

mstef66

Reaction score
What are you needing to do? Google goggles works well to scan cards into contacts.

Mike

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
S

segen77

Reaction score
I like the idea of turning them into contacts, but more than that, I want to be able to save them into different categories that i define. I'd also want to ensure that it saves all information on the card, not just name and phone number.

I've never used a business card scanner, or capture app, so i don't know what they can or can't do.

I just want it to be as easy to use as the old business card roledex that you would keep on your office desk.

mstef66

Reaction score
I like the idea of turning them into contacts, but more than that, I want to be able to save them into different categories that i define. I'd also want to ensure that it saves all information on the card, not just name and phone number.

I've never used a business card scanner, or capture app, so i don't know what they can or can't do.

I just want it to be as easy to use as the old business card roledex that you would keep on your office desk.

I like the idea, I don't think Goggles will do all that. It does scan all the contact info and sorts it into the proper fields to be saved as a contact. I think it is limited to Google contacts for categorizing.

Mike

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I like the idea, I don't think Goggles will do all that. It does scan all the contact info and sorts it into the proper fields to be saved as a contact. I think it is limited to Google contacts for categorizing.

Mike

I haven't had much luck with Google Goggles. It works well enough to scan a name but I haven't found a way to get all the information on a business card (e.g. email address, organization name, etc) to be picked up. You can, of course, add some of the information manually on the phone and you can access your contacts on the gmail website and categorize the contact once it's saved.

Here's an alternative that's something of a PITA but it does work rather like an old-fashioned ROLODEX.

I use the "photonote" feature of NoteEverything(Pro) to take a photo of the business card. Then I title it appropriately and add any notes I wish to the file. I put the business cards in their own folder within NoteEverything and can find them when I need them.

Unfortunately, while I can send the notes via gmail or store them in, say, picasa (among other options), I cannot automatically scan the image and have the information placed intelligently into contacts.

mcsinfl

Reaction score
you could try camcard in the market, I'm using it and it works well (don't know about categorizing though). However, the phone needs to be perfectly steady and the camera perfectly centered over the card...probably would work perfectly if the phone was on some kind of stand

W

westaleta

My boss use CardFila.com. He uses smart phone and laptop to capture up to 20 cards a minute. Capture a large number of business cards anywhere on the go! This app is so useful