Bugs not fixed with Froyo?

vtek63

Reaction score
I noticed a couple of bugs with my X with 2.1 and was hoping they would be fixed with Froyo but they are still there.

- Bluetooth voice command. When the phone screen is locked, I can't activate voice dial through my bluetooth speakerphone. When I unlock the screen, it works perfectly fine. This is a pain (and dangerous) since if i'm driving and want to call someone, I need to unlock the phone before I can use my bluetooth speakerphone.

- When the phone is locked AND the screen is on, if you hold down the search button for a few seconds and say something, it will activate the voice search. When you then unlock the phone, you will see the voice search screen open. It doesn't do it when the screen is OFF however. I thought if the phone is locked, none of the buttons are supposed to work? (except for the home and power button)

Has anyone else noticed these issues on their phone? on 2.1 or Froyo?

Thanks!

lewwill

Reaction score
I noticed a couple of bugs with my X with 2.1 and was hoping they would be fixed with Froyo but they are still there.

- Bluetooth voice command. When the phone screen is locked, I can't activate voice dial through my bluetooth speakerphone. When I unlock the screen, it works perfectly fine. This is a pain (and dangerous) since if i'm driving and want to call someone, I need to unlock the phone before I can use my bluetooth speakerphone.

- When the phone is locked AND the screen is on, if you hold down the search button for a few seconds and say something, it will activate the voice search. When you then unlock the phone, you will see the voice search screen open. It doesn't do it when the screen is OFF however. I thought if the phone is locked, none of the buttons are supposed to work? (except for the home and power button)

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by your phone screen being locked. I use a moto h17 bluetooth earbud and it works fine with voice dial when the main screen is locked. I do not have to swipe the unlock to use it, just touch the button on the earbud and a sweet voice says "say a command". Intriguing, but I play it straight so I don't offend her.

OP
V

vtek63

Reaction score

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by your phone screen being locked. I use a moto h17 bluetooth earbud and it works fine with voice dial when the main screen is locked. I do not have to swipe the unlock to use it, just touch the button on the earbud and a sweet voice says "say a command". Intriguing, but I play it straight so I don't offend her.

When you have to swipe to unlock the screen is what i mean when the screen is locked. I'm using a Moto T505 speakerphone. I wonder if it only does this on certain devices? I don't have any other bluetooth devices to test though...

ChadJ55

Reaction score
Another bug in 2.2 that was also present in 2.1 is the dollar sign on the regular (not swype) keyboard. If you are typing a message (email or text) and want to enter a dollar amount, it always places the dollar sign against the last letter of the last word typed and adds a space after the sign, even if you have typed a space before it already.

Example: I paid$ 25 for dinner today.

I always have to go back, delete the "$", hit space and then enter my number, at which point it holds as it should $25.

I like that they fixed the automatic capitalization of the "I", but hoped they'd get this one too. Kinda annoying for a business user who deals with things that cost money. LOL

Is there an "official" channel for reporting little things like this? Or do the developers frequent this forum (as they really should.)