Bugless Beast v0.8 Released

Reaction score
well i just installed this and the install went perfectly :)

the only thing i notice is that my temperature is ALOT higher than it was before installing :( before installing i was running BB v 1.1 and always hung at around 23C but now at 36C. so not sure if i wanna keep this or not, may try a different kernel first and see if it makes a difference. ill test it throughout the day and see what happens though.

v!nce

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question about updating from v0.7 to 0.8. Can anyone tell me the steps to doing this? I downloaded the file, and from my understanding, I'm suppose to rename it to update.zip? or should it just be update? Another question, I understand that the zip is to be placed on the root of my card, but there is another zip called update. Should i replace this one with the new one? Any help would be appreciated.

GeLopez

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question about updating from v0.7 to 0.8. Can anyone tell me the steps to doing this? I downloaded the file, and from my understanding, I'm suppose to rename it to update.zip? or should it just be update? Another question, I understand that the zip is to be placed on the root of my card, but there is another zip called update. Should i replace this one with the new one? Any help would be appreciated.

yes replace whatever update you have un your card.

cinematicmatt

Reaction score
i posted a little while ago (like a day) about getting an error 28 with the nandroid install.. i followed all steps as best as i could (wipe /data cache 2x each) and i tried redownloading.. error 28 is a corrupted data error..

do i need to put both the nandroid folder AND the update.zip in there? don't have much experience with nandroid updates, as i'm running 2.0.1 i can't just do the update.zip method

thanks guys!

Reaction score
try out chevys kernel. oced @ 1ghz and idles at 28-30C
thats what im currently using.

Chevy's 5 slot kernel 1ghz

another question though ever since upgrading to this my led notifications for text messages seem to be "dead" as in handcent wont light up at all and the normal messaging app wont light up at all either :( and yes ive made sure to check the settings and all

any ideas?

GOON

Reaction score
where do i download adamz low voltage oc? his link is down :(
and how do i install it?

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

another question though ever since upgrading to this my led notifications for text messages seem to be "dead" as in handcent wont light up at all and the normal messaging app wont light up at all either :( and yes ive made sure to check the settings and all

any ideas?

I believe that a "feature" of the 2.1 ROM is that all LEDs are now inactive unless the screen is off/black. . . now that is what I read, but frankly, I don't see an active LED at any time, screen on or off, which is frustrating.

I had hoped that there was an app that could reactivate the LEDs (thought to look up LedHACK, but haven't gotten around to it yet).

Slider46

Reaction score
Got this version up and running although i tweaked the update.zip to get the icons/colors i wanted. (Namely the Blue/Orange/Red round battery icon and Chevy's SimplyStunning notification bar icons) Then I added the HexFusion theme to change colors and icons.

I'm quite satisfied now - until I try another rom :)

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will go visit the Hacks section for the direction on how to change to the round battery notification icon, but how hard was that change to make in terms of adding it to the update.zip.

Is that change an overall easy one to make in your opinion?

I am running BB0.7 with Chevy's 1.1GHZ kernel, in case the 0.7 version impacts this change at all.

JFDroid

Reaction score

any ideas?

I believe that a "feature" of the 2.1 ROM is that all LEDs are now inactive unless the screen is off/black. . . now that is what I read, but frankly, I don't see an active LED at any time, screen on or off, which is frustrating.

I had hoped that there was an app that could reactivate the LEDs (thought to look up LedHACK, but haven't gotten around to it yet).

I don't use handcent... but I have no problem running BB .8 with Chevy's 10 slot 1ghz kernel and getting LED notifications. They come in perfectly and work as they always have.

caboyzcoti

Reaction score
hey everyone, just a quick question I installed v0.8 and replaced the launcher with one that has auto rotate from xevious(or however spelt) I believe and the live wall papers arent interactive, so i was wondering if that was cause of the launcher i replaced? cause i didnt bother to try the interactive wallpapers right after i nand restored.

solorca

Reaction score
One question and I am sure this has to have been answered but I did search first but is there an app tray like Home++ uses?
Pete once again I can't say thanks enough for making a great phone AMAZING...I'll play around a few days and with no major issues a donation will be on it's way!

I've never used Home++, but the blue ese53 theme that I mentioned earlier in this thread has a customizable app tray that has room for four apps. I use it for Contacts, Phone, Messaging, and Market. It stays on all screens as you manuever, so I find it useful. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for...but it sounds like it might work for you.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/28407-blue-ese53-theme.html

DavetheSnake

Reaction score
BB 0.8
Chevy 10 slot kernel (1.2)
NO JIT
Installed via update.zip​

I installed BB 0.8 on Friday and now my phone seems to get stuck in sleep mode when the battery is low. My LED indicator will flash, showing that I have emails and everything, but I can not get it out of sleep mode. I end up having to pull the battery and restart my DROID. Otherwise, this ROM is AWESOME.​

Has anyone come across this issue yet?​

Thanks!​

Last edited: