Browsers closing

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
im running cm6. ive had this rom for awhile. so i cant remember if its happened with other roms. all of my browers randomly close..skyfire, dolphin, etc. i know it happens somtimes when visiting a site with flash. ill just be lookin at a site and it closes. no FCs or any pop ups. any ideers?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Lower your OC speeds, this is widely known issue in Froyo. Too high of an OC produces FC from the browser.

OP
F

ForeverInOur

Reaction score
Ah figures. Thanks. So what's the recommended speed. 1ghz?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

papy72

Reaction score
This has been happening to me a LOT lately. I'm running the "stock" 800 mhz kernel that came with CM6.

Anyone have a suggestion for an alternate?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Make sure you have enough free RAM that FroYo doesn't kill it. I'm NOT advocating a "keep X MB RAM free at all times" script (it's garbage and hurts your Droid's performance, believe it or not) or a task killer -- just reboot your phone every day or so.

Also, some pages don't work so well with the browsers in Android. You could try the about:debug trick and set it to desktop/iPhone/Android to see if one of those works better.

papy72

Reaction score
Make sure you have enough free RAM that FroYo doesn't kill it. I'm NOT advocating a "keep X MB RAM free at all times" script (it's garbage and hurts your Droid's performance, believe it or not) or a task killer -- just reboot your phone every day or so.
This is what I thought the problem was. I only have about 40m free at any given time, and I think that's the magic number that makes android start killing stuff - like my browser.

Even worse, from what I've seen there isn't exactly much I can do about the memory size. I have a lot of apps that I need that run services, and that's eating up a lot of RAM (I think).

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
There isn't, really. When I check my running apps under the built-in app manager I often have like 20MB of RAM left. When I notice I have over a hundred in the red and nothing I can do about it I reboot. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything else to do, but a reboot takes like two minutes and I'm back up and running.