Browser supporting WebEx

Rich

Reaction score
The iPhone supports WebEx meetings because it uses the same Safari browser that the apple computer uses (WebEx says the iPhone is a mini computer). Per Motorola Technical support, loading a 'real' browser on the Droid is "impossible". I find this hard to believe. Does anyone have any ideas on how the Droid can log into a WebEx meeting?

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
Good question.... I hope its possible, remote support would be AWESOME if I could do it from my phone.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Essentially WebEx is telling you "we support the iPhone" and nothing more. Both phones are "mini computers" and both have a *mobile* browser (The Apple Browser is NOT the same as the desktop version, but it is based on the same technology... WebKit... which incidentally so is the Android Browser).

When Android get *enough* people that WebEx decides to support the platform, they will be able to write a client that will work.

Needler56

Reaction score
before the 2.2 update, i was able to use webex connect, but was very unstable. now, a message pops up that the browser doesn't support. hopefully they'll make an app for this and webex meetings.

kemeki

Reaction score
It's here!

You might know this already, but Cisco came out with a WebEx app for the Android systems, just this week I think.

Droidthunderbolt

Reaction score
Droid Thunderbolt - Webex does not work

I get the following errors when I try and join a WebEx. "The WebEx site does not support the Cisco WebEx Meetings application".
I downloaded the Droid webex application from the WebEx site and I can log in to my account no problem. But I get the following error: "Mobile access to WebEx meetings is unavailable. Please join meetings from a computer."

Has anyone successfully used WebEx with a Android phone?

kemeki

Reaction score
I downloaded the WebEx app from the Droid Marketplace and I love it. I've used it quite a few times. The only thing I've found that it's lacking is a way to raise your hand.