Browser stream mp3s instead of downloading them

Brent of All People

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

I've had my X for a few weeks. I like to download mp3s of radio shows and listen to them when I water the yard, but today the phone started streaming the mp3s instead of downloading them. I'd like to have the actual mp3s, not just the ability to listen to them. Did I accidentally change some setting? Can I change it back?

Thanks,
Brent

OP
B

Brent of All People

Reaction score
Found that if I hold the link instead of just tapping it, I can choose the "Save link" option. It's not too much extra work, but I hate it when my electronics change their behavior. That's how the robot uprising starts.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not following you. What are you downloading these mp3s with? What app?

OP
B

Brent of All People

Reaction score
Sorry. I'm downloading from Browser. I go to my favorite shows' webpage (eg, Talk of the Nation on NPR) and tap the download link. After that, my phone would start downloading the file, but now it's streaming it instead.

sremex

Reaction score
Yes it is legal, I believe. This is because he is downloading it from the people who made it. An example would be if he downloads a podcast of bill swanson, from billswanson.com

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hookbill, what is this, the Inquisition? You're acting like you think all MP3s are stolen. It's a file format.