browser question?

jello

Reaction score
Does any one know how to set the default browser? I accidentally set it to the dolphin browser but I don't like it and I can't find a setting anywhere to set it back. It's driving me bonkers!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have an Eris, but #1 would be to uncheck the default checkbox in dolphin. The other thing would be to go to phone settings > Applications > Manage applications > Dolphin Browser > Clear defaults

ErisDroid?

Reaction score
That's pretty much it, or you could just go to the market and uninstall the application, considering you don't like it. I didn't like Dolphin browser either, then I tried Dolphin HD and found it much better and easier to use, IMO.

OP
J

jello

Reaction score
That worked ! Thank you so much!!! I tried doin that from the regular browser but no luck guess I was in the wrong spot lol

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Do check out Dolphin HD. It's now my default and I even replaced my desktop browser icon w/ this one.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dolphin HD is really good but it runs in the background on startup. I hate that. Uninstalled for now.

ErisDroid?

Reaction score
I guess I didn't realize that, but a ton of apps run in the background on start-up. Thanks for the info though.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I only use apps that don't run in the background if possible. I like speed and functionality. There is no good reason for a lot of apps to run in the background. I uninstall these religiously. I don't want my phone to be bogged down. No widgets, no antivirus, no automated task killer. I do the same on my home computer. There's so much crap that runs for no good reason. I'm psycho about it, but I'm happy with my fast experience.