browser acting crazy

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
When i go to the browser, it just keeps reloading itself really fast. But if i go to a bookmark of Facebook, it doesn't do it. I have tried force closing the browser, cheating the cashe and restarting my phone. Nothing helps

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
Google. I figured out it has something to do with it automatically logging into my gmail. When it logs in, it's like a glitch, it logs in and out repeatedly. But when i go to another site from one of my bookmarks, i can log out and it doesn't do it. But it's very annoying. How do i set it so it doesn't automatically log into google when in the browser?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google. I figured out it has something to do with it automatically logging into my gmail. When it logs in, it's like a glitch, it logs in and out repeatedly. But when i go to another site from one of my bookmarks, i can log out and it doesn't do it. But it's very annoying. How do i set it so it doesn't automatically log into google when in the browser?

Are you using Chrome or the stock browser? :)

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
MattyP said:
Are you using Chrome or the stock browser? :)

I never had a problem til I downloaded chrome, 86ed it and never been the same.

2nd time I tried it, I just don't learn. 2 different phones 3 tries.

MattyP should have asked if you ever downloaded chrome. Bad news.

The only thing that scares me about the HD.

nakedbrowser

Reaction score
I would: change the home page setting to another site besides google, go to a google page and log out, clear cookies and cache, then kill the browser or just reboot the device. I can't really think of anything else other than a factory reset, although...

You may want to check out a free browser that I made--no ads, no spying, fast, and full-featured: Naked Browser in the Google Play Store.

Wopback

Reaction score
I went into settings, apps manager, all apps, clicked on internet and cleared data......

So far so good....

Update: yup, no more refreshing. Heard it possibly had something to do with Google chat.

Just clear data under internet

Last edited:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Wopback said:
I went into settings, apps manager, all apps, clicked on internet and cleared data......

So far so good....

Update: yup, no more refreshing. Heard it possibly had something to do with Google chat.

Just clear data under internet

D'oh, I think (just did it) I'll give that a whirl.

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
I've done all that. Its like it's trying to log into my gmail. The icon in the tip right corner keeps switching from my profile pic to a blank one.

OP
ImJustMeow

ImJustMeow

Reaction score
Looks like goigle + and gmail are fighting over who gets to be logged in. Is never been a problem before

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
lloydstrans said:
I never had a problem til I downloaded chrome, 86ed it and never been the same.

2nd time I tried it, I just don't learn. 2 different phones 3 tries.

MattyP should have asked if you ever downloaded chrome. Bad news.

The only thing that scares me about the HD.

I have never had a bit of problem with Chrome... I love it. I even have the stock browser frozen in both my phone and my tablet.

Never heard of the problem like she is having though... in either browser.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ImJustMeow said:
Looks like goigle + and gmail are fighting over who gets to be logged in. Is never been a problem before

I MAY have an idea... let me try a couple things and get back with you ;-)

Bcbp

Reaction score
I signed up to chime in. I came across this thread in a search. I have a galaxy S3 and am new to Android, I started having the same issue Google reloading issue and had to quickly press 'classic' at the bottom of the Google mobile version and log out of my user name. Now when I open my home browser which is Google, I no longer have the constant reloading/refreshing issue. I am still unable to load Google mobile while logged in however. I have done nothing new to my phone or changed anything, the problem started while I was browsing. Are these the typical android glitches I can expect? Thank you