Brief bio

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
I developed and edited the first four generations of QUALCOMM's CDMA chip design documentation (MSM 2.0 to the MSM 3.5), and the first two baseband processor chip design documents. I also developed and edited the first chip design document for Long Term Evolution (LTE, otherwise known as 4G) at QUALCOMM's MediaFLO group.
In addition, I have a solid foundation in communication theory and know the differences between EVDO Rev A and HSDPA (EVDO is much faster, and much more reliable than AT&T's solution)

I have been working in the cell phone industry since 1994 and I follow it very closely.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Welcome! So you are definitely more experienced than the average droidforums member. Just to spark conversation, what phone do you have now and what upcoming phone are you most excited about?

Sent from my Droid

OP
OhBeeWan

OhBeeWan

Reaction score
New devices

I was part of the test-team at Qualcomm for the first Palm smartphone (it was fun to use, but difficult to sync). I'm now looking forward to the first LTE mobile devices. Sprint's got one, The Evo, but only two cities have Sprint's 4G NW (Verizon is already 4G Nationwide).
I'm currently really digging the Incredible (finally, a real hand-held portable computer).
Oh, and buying the iPhone 4G is a lot like buying a hot Maserati, but not having any roads to drive it on, nor any gas to fuel it. Always fun to play with the dials and buttons tho' :)

Welcome! So you are definitely more experienced than the average droidforums member. Just to spark conversation, what phone do you have now and what upcoming phone are you most excited about?

Sent from my Droid