Bricked?

yiannis

Reaction score
From 5.5.893 tried to install TH3ORY base, got bionic bootstrap, ROM Manager, made backup, rebooted in cwr, wiped data/factory, wiped cache, formatted system, wiped Davlik.

When I looked to install the base from SD card (SD-ext) it asked for the update.zip file. Oops, I didn't rename the purity base to update.zip. Now stuck in the "M dual core" screen and cannot even enter factory recovery (the Android and ! triangle appear without any options).

Extended battery at ~15%. Plugging it in automatically starts at the "M dual core" screen and without the battery charging icon appearing.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
restored using R3L3AS3Droot will wait until battery is charged (less than 5% now) and retry

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
You don't need to rename anything. Install from zip, go to where you saved the ROM, install it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From 5.5.893 tried to install TH3ORY base, got bionic bootstrap, ROM Manager, made backup, rebooted in cwr, wiped data/factory, wiped cache, formatted system, wiped Davlik.

When I looked to install the base from SD card (SD-ext) it asked for the update.zip file. Oops, I didn't rename the purity base to update.zip. Now stuck in the "M dual core" screen and cannot even enter factory recovery (the Android and ! triangle appear without any options).

Extended battery at ~15%. Plugging it in automatically starts at the "M dual core" screen and without the battery charging icon appearing.

Any ideas?

Don't select "Install Update". Select "Install Zip from Sdcard". It will then give you and option and you will select "Select zip from Sdcard". Then you scroll down to the rom of choice (you do do not need to rename it) and select it. You then have to answer yes on the next screen.

Good luck.

OP
Y

yiannis

Reaction score
Don't select "Install Update". Select "Install Zip from Sdcard". It will then give you and option and you will select "Select zip from Sdcard". Then you scroll down to the rom of choice (you do do not need to rename it) and select it. You then have to answer yes on the next screen.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, I'm already running the ROM (after needlessly renaming it lol).