Brew Texts...what is it how do i stop it

lumns

Reaction score
I keep getting these text messages. has zmail etc..... and some say brew.

i have no idea what this is.

thegipper

Reaction score
New number? I keep getting Amex Updates, and i dont have an Amex card. Someone's balance is $8,000.

OP
lumns

lumns

Reaction score
same number i've had for years.

richie1378

Reaction score
I keep getting these text messages. has zmail etc..... and some say brew.

i have no idea what this is.

How funny, I've had like 3 of those already since I've gotten my phone. It says to "stop" those message reply back, but honestly I'm kinda afraid it'll ad me to a list or something. I gonna keep ignoring them for now lol

OP
lumns

lumns

Reaction score
i've replied back. but it continues to come in. brew stands for Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless.

but i dont know why we are getting these messages. I forgot to ask Verizon when i was in the store to pick up the screen protectors

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I just got another one of these texts minutes ago. It's the 2nd or 3rd time. I just delete them, but I'm sure I'll get more.

Suuperflie

Reaction score
Just found this on XDA:

"Had this issue before when I had an LG Voyager. the "//BREW:0108f3d4:GCD " notification message you're receiving is an indication that you were previously using a mobile device that was a Media Center/Get It Now compatible device and that you previously downloaded Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW) applications to your previous model phone. To get rid of this turn off the phone and remove the battery and leave it out for 2 minutes then put it back in and turn it on, after its on call *228 and select option 2."