[Breaking] RAZR OTA .173 Being Pushed Out to Users Now

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
razrota.png

A few members are reporting the RAZR OTA package being pushed out to their devices. Some users that have received the update are NOT part of the soak. If you have received, or are receiving, it let us know!

Updated: RAZR MAXX Update rolling out now too, as of Feb. 6th.

thanks Captmilk!

Last edited by a moderator:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
razrota.png

A few members are reporting the RAZR OTA package being pushed out to their devices. Some users that have received the update are NOT part of the soak. If you have received/receiving it let us know!

thanks Captmilk!

(IM)Patiently waiting. (And hitting System updates occasionally in About Phone.)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Come on guys I can't hold my breath anylonger, guess I'll have to cheat a bit, so woozy,,,thunk!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So I guess I'll get it in about a week... I don't understand how vzw does the roll out for updates..... every update that has been released from updating froyo to gb... I've seen people getting the update, and waited and waited, keep checking and waiting..... irritates me. I would love to know how they determine who gets roll out and when. It would be educational if nothing else.

What's the current supported update anyhow? My phone has 6.11.748.xt912.Verizon.en.US. so what's the new one?

sent using my RAZR MAXX

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmmm strange. I checked for the ota for the heck of it, it said not available at this time. Then my phone became unresponsive and I had to simulate a battery pull. ??????????

sent using my RAZR MAXX

rdgxray

Reaction score
Today a soak test is being pushed...most users won't get it ....some lucky non soak testers get it as part of test...the rest of us have to wait...unless someone captures the file and post it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm. Well being as I have to wait to get the ota's...always do... never fails, why is my phone acting so odd?? Maybe it needs some alone time? Lol

sent using my RAZR MAXX

max62025

Reaction score
I got it. Started on my way home from work. Took about 15 minutes. I was driving through 3g, 4g, and no g. Install took about 10 min. I haven't noticed major differences yet. A few new icons, etc.. Nonetheless, an upgrade is an upgrade. I'll take it.

Josebunbury

Reaction score
Well still waiting here in the Bay Area and I'm really hoping for a fix of the 4G issues I'm having on both my phones if not taking them back to VZ to get replacements...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I know it sucks waiting ... cause I am too. It I just had a maxx die on me today, and got a brand new replacement and a new simcard... the new maxx is doing the same thing. Just not lagging and freezing up like the last one. Still losing 4g..... so I'm sure its the software. I hope.
What's funny is that I switched to the maxx from the bionic, hoping to get away from this issue..... and the bionic is holding 4g better than the maxx is!!!!

rdgxray

Reaction score
I just got razr coming from bionic also. I really like the razr but bionic had its advantages also. Both are great phones. The bionic was useful to brain someone if you couldn't find a rock. Not sure the razr will do any damage if I smack someone in head with it.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just got razr coming from bionic also. I really like the razr but bionic had its advantages also. Both are great phones. The bionic was useful to brain someone if you couldn't find a rock. Not sure the razr will do any damage if I smack someone in head with it.

RAZR isn't made for smacking people on the head. It is meant to sever heads and limbs :cool-b: