Brand New Verizon Driod Bionic Bricks after a day of use...

driod

Reaction score
Soo... I just got my driod bionic today and it bricked this evening when I tried to use google voice search. Here is a photo of the only screen I get on my phone. Here is a complete readout of the boot screen:
Arlington-20110908-00629.jpg
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.53

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data CAble

Invalid CG HAB (CG: devtree, status: 0X0X0035)

OP
D

driod

Reaction score
After waiting for the driod bionic for the last 3 months, after a 1/2 day of playing with it my phone is a brick. :( Called verizon support and got escalated tier II within 5 minutes before getting escalated to motorola tech support. Once escalated to motorola after walking through trouble shooting I was told by the representative that "There is a problem with this device" and now I'm headed back to Verizon tomorrow... likely going to be getting new phone redux tomorrow. :) hopefully that will go better.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully it's just a fluke. Let us know how it goes tomorrow at the Verizon store.

OP
D

driod

Reaction score
Yeah, they are pretty good about this type of thing, especially since it is the first day of the launch. Its kinda punchy though... "The Bionic Brick"

usne8

Reaction score
There's one in every crowd. Phone I mean. Sorry to hear.

DX CM7 Build 77 UCUV 643 hz 49v

OP
D

driod

Reaction score
There's one in every crowd. Phone I mean. Sorry to hear.

DX CM7 Build 77 UCUV 643 hz 49v

HA! I agree... FYI... I've been a blackberry guy for 6 years so finally switching to a real smart phone was totally worth it. Driod bionic was amazing! even if it was just 1/2 a day of fun before it bricked. It was worth it! Like dating Mila Kunis for 1/2 a day. ;-)

Slntagent

Reaction score
im with you....the left side of my screen is unresponsive and will randomly enter whatever it wants...my bionic will be exchanged tomorrow...not a good start...1/2 day of use

OP
D

driod

Reaction score
My background is risk management... there is a chance that our experiences are anomalous, in other words... when you make 100s of thousands of phones you are guaranteed to have a few defective ones. That said... lets see how things pan out over the next couple days.

9wire

Reaction score
Went and looked at it, I decided at the last minute to wait. Good thing. Your experience could be an anomaly, but I can't help thinking about tbolt and x2 as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

magdream

Reaction score
im with you....the left side of my screen is unresponsive and will randomly enter whatever it wants...my bionic will be exchanged tomorrow...not a good start...1/2 day of use

That's exactly what my OD's been doing since early July after my wife sent it flying off the counter. I really need a new phone and will probably pickup the Bionic within the next few days to a week. Unless I read that a lot more people are having serious issues.

yurdle

Reaction score
This reminds me of my Droid X that i got on launch day. I was first in line at my Verizon store.. and I happened to get the only device that had issues... had to keep doing factory restores throughout the day.. would work for a bit.. then stop working again. switched it out the next day and all of fine from there on out

azdrifter

Reaction score
My background is risk management... there is a chance that our experiences are anomalous, in other words... when you make 100s of thousands of phones you are guaranteed to have a few defective ones. That said... lets see how things pan out over the next couple days.
I totally agree, with the rush to get these phones to the stores because of the large response and longer wait for them I'm positive that there will be a few lemons in the bunch but I'm sure that it will all work out, at least you didn't root first and void the warranty right off the bat !

alucard9114

Reaction score
HA! I agree... FYI... I've been a blackberry guy for 6 years so finally switching to a real smart phone was totally worth it. Driod bionic was amazing! even if it was just 1/2 a day of fun before it bricked. It was worth it! Like dating Mila Kunis for 1/2 a day. ;-)

Mila Kunis is built like a 10 year old boy so dating Mia Kunis for 1/2 a day would be like dating a 10 year old boy for 1/2 a day.:blink: